Plumlee for a first?

+2
wide clyde
kdp59
6 posters

Go down

Plumlee for a first? Empty Plumlee for a first?

Post by kdp59 Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:41 am

The Suns are believed to be seeking at least one future first-round pick for the 26-year-old. ESPN.com

Rumors tagsPhoenix Suns, Trade, Miles Plumlee
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterSubscribe to HoopsHype rumors

The Phoenix Suns are actively shopping big man Miles Plumlee in advance of the Feb. 19 trade deadline, according to league sources. Sources told ESPN.com ?that the Suns are working in conjunction with Plumlee's agent, Mark Bartelstein, to try to find a new home for the third-year center, who has seen his playing time steadily dwindle as the season has progressed. ESPN.com
- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.sZfCPQfC.dpuf

My take:

I doubt Danny is interested, if he was we could have just taken back Plumlee for Wright. But just a few weeks ago many Celtic fans would have been "jonesing" to add him to that roster.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Plumlee for a first? Empty Re: Plumlee for a first?

Post by wide clyde Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:53 am

I will wait on Plumlee.  As kdp just mentioned, this guy was available two weeks ago and now has lost his playing time to Wright who hardly got to play in Boston.

Plumlee will not be part of the re-build in any way.  No use sending even a second round pick for him at this stage to get a guy to back Zeller up for a month.

Some other big man will land in Boston by the trade deadline as Ainge continues to use the flexibility he has built to take on a salary, etc and still build his supply of draft picks.
Could even be Perkins.

wide clyde

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:15 am

Makes you wonder if we should have given a little playing time to Wright, although Plumlee was probably on his way out anyway.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by wide clyde Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:23 am

NYCelt,

Not even considering Plumlee in any way, I also wonder why Wright did not get a better look in Boston before being traded out. After all, he was the back up in Dallas playing well in meaningful minutes before getting traded to Boston

wide clyde

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:03 am

Wasn't Wright a free agent to be? I think Danny likes the security of having a long term asset, and Wright would never have been our center of choice.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:01 pm

Zeller is easily as good a player at Plumlee....all set.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:49 am

We need a rim protector/paint defender/whatever you want to call him.  Plumlee might be a banger but is he a better "pick one of the above" than Zeller?   If not, then I say Danny should keep his powder dry until he can get one of those.

Gobert?  I coveted him back in the draft, although  I was leery of his lack of weight.  He'd be worth a 1st (especially since we have so many of them).

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down