Handy Celtic Guide To - Future Draft Picks - Cap Space - Trade Exceptions - Players Salaries

+6
NYCelt
kdp59
swedeinestonia
wide clyde
Sam
swish
10 posters

Go down

Handy Celtic Guide To - Future Draft Picks - Cap Space - Trade Exceptions - Players Salaries Empty Handy Celtic Guide To - Future Draft Picks - Cap Space - Trade Exceptions - Players Salaries

Post by swish Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:27 pm

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/boston-celtics-assets-cap-space-trade-exceptions-and-draft-picks

swish

Last edited by swish on Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : minor correction)

swish

Back to top Go down

Handy Celtic Guide To - Future Draft Picks - Cap Space - Trade Exceptions - Players Salaries Empty Re: Handy Celtic Guide To - Future Draft Picks - Cap Space - Trade Exceptions - Players Salaries

Post by Sam Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:14 am

Thanks, Swish.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Handy Celtic Guide To - Future Draft Picks - Cap Space - Trade Exceptions - Players Salaries Empty Re: Handy Celtic Guide To - Future Draft Picks - Cap Space - Trade Exceptions - Players Salaries

Post by wide clyde Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:15 am

Nice info on what the Cs and Ainge have to work with in the coming years.

Glad that Ainge has a full staff to help him decipher all of it.  It would be too much for me to handle.

Last edited by wide clyde on Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

wide clyde

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:20 am

What is the 2016 draft class predicted to be like? Will probably have 4 picks in that one..
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:42 pm

I don't about 2016, but this year could have as many as 4 quality young big men.

Okafor
Turner
Towns
Cauley-Stein

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:42 pm

kdp59 wrote:I don't about 2016, but this year could have as many as 4  quality young big men.

Okafor
Turner
Towns
Cauley-Stein

kdp,

What you have started there I would consider "The List" and key to the Celtics future.

There are several other promising forwards who will probably declare as well, and I also like Kaminsky and Portis.  My take is there is no way I can see that we end up with Okafor; he will be a once in a generation player and go first.

One of those next three, however, we need to find a way to land.  Any of them instantly becomes our center.  Smart, maybe Bradley (if we keep him), and one of Turner/Towns/Cauley-Stein...a fantastic first two or three pieces for the future.

In the past I've expressed the opinion we need to see if we can draft a couple of bigs, as soon as this year, but there are some intriguing guards that may be ready to declare including Justise Winslow, Terry Rozier and D'Angelo Russell.  If we were going with Smart at point, I'd take Winslow in a heartbeat.  I was watching him and Duke again last night and although he's young, he's ready.

Cross your fingers; that badly needed young big and another solid guard could be on their way this summer.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:01 pm

Handy Celtic Guide To - Future Draft Picks - Cap Space - Trade Exceptions - Players Salaries Return10

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:24 pm

NYCelt

An interesting scene is developing in Utah where the 7'1" Gobert is coming on real strong. In his last 19 games he has averaged 8 points, 8.9 rebounds, and 3.2 blocks. Along with Kanter and Favors they form a very youthful and formidable center- power forward combine. Its possible that either Kantor or Gobert could be on the market in the near future. Perhaps another center candidate that could appeal to the Celts.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:38 pm

In his last game on Sunday vs the Spurs in 28:33 minutes Gorbert collected 13 points , 18 rebounds and 4 blocks.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:33 pm

Gyso,

Thanks for the graphic. It's quite effective at showing what a haul they received in the KG-Pierce trade. It's also quite striking to compare it to what they got for Ray Allen, which was zilch.

I think the Ray Allen situation has affected Ainge significantly. He doesn't want to be in a position again of getting nothing in return for a player -- he mentioned that in a recent interview -- and the desire to avoid that situation drove him to trade Rondo and (to an extent) Green.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:04 pm

I've been following Rudy Gobert, if we would have gotten him we'd be on a 2 year rebuild possibly as he would have done wonders for Sully, AB, Smart, Green and Rondo's game. Now with the give away of starting caliber/all star types we are in full rebuilding mode....relying on the luck of the ping pong balls again in the crapshoot known as the draft.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:47 pm

gyso wrote:Handy Celtic Guide To - Future Draft Picks - Cap Space - Trade Exceptions - Players Salaries Return10

Gyso,

Wow! Did you make that, gyso?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:54 pm

bob,

Nope, it was a found thing. Cool though, eh?

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down