well...looks like Rondo is still Rondo.

5 posters

Go down

well...looks like Rondo is still Rondo. Empty well...looks like Rondo is still Rondo.

Post by kdp59 Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:55 am

Coach Rick Carlisle repeatedly referred to Rondo's crunch-time benching as a "coach's decision" during his postgame news conference and declined to discuss the strategic logic of not playing Rondo down the stretch. "It's called coach's decision, and that's how we're going to roll," Carlisle said after the fifth question on the subject. "Next question." ESPN.com

Rumors tagsDallas Mavericks, Rajon Rondo, Rick Carlisle
- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.xOqhA2i7.dpuf

my guess would be :

1) can't hit a free throw

2) won't play defense

good to see Rondo is still Rondo, he might look good with the Lakers next year.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

well...looks like Rondo is still Rondo. Empty Re: well...looks like Rondo is still Rondo.

Post by bobheckler Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:24 am

kdp59 wrote:Coach Rick Carlisle repeatedly referred to Rondo's crunch-time benching as a "coach's decision" during his postgame news conference and declined to discuss the strategic logic of not playing Rondo down the stretch. "It's called coach's decision, and that's how we're going to roll," Carlisle said after the fifth question on the subject. "Next question." ESPN.com

Rumors tagsDallas Mavericks, Rajon Rondo, Rick Carlisle  
- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.xOqhA2i7.dpuf

my guess would be :

1) can't hit a free throw

2) won't play defense

good to see Rondo is still Rondo, he might look good with the Lakers next year.

And now you know why the price for Rondo was what it was. GMs aren't stupid.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

well...looks like Rondo is still Rondo. Empty Re: well...looks like Rondo is still Rondo.

Post by beat Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:36 am

Check this out

Since his 29 point explosion against us...........
he has played 9 games with the following point totals

4-2-6-2-21-2-6-9-6 = 58 total points little over 6 PPG
In those 9 games he's shot 28 - 86 from the field about 33% including a rough 0-7 from three (he was 5 for 7 in treys against us in that 29 point game)

over last 3 games he has more fouls 10 than assists 8 and only 6 rebounds over that span

AND he has not made a single foul shot over the past 9 games going 0-7

And some think he is was worth a max contract?  And we should have built around him????

Personally I believe the ACL is still part of an issue with him, but the greater issue might be the the six inches between the ears.

Don't want to dump completely on him, I wish him well, he helped us with #17 that we probably don't get without him...that said. He's Dallas's enigma now.

beat

and to add.... won't play defense might read CAN'T play defense.

Last edited by beat on Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by wide clyde Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:08 am

beat,

I agree with you that I am also happy that Rondo is someone else's problem now.

But, i disagree that he is incapable of playing defense. His lack of defensive performance can be corrected with more work and effort than he is apparently willing to give. Perhaps he is too full of himself thinking about a max level contract, but he may be fooling himself if he is.

A few more DNPs at the end of the game is going to start Dallas to thinking about Rondo's future worth to them just like the Celtics had to think about his future worth in Boston. Of course, Ainge made that decision very clear when he traded Rondo to Dallas.

wide clyde

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:19 am

Wide

Rondo's greatest asset is quickness.........

since the ACL he has not shown it (perhaps a shadow of it here and there) without that he is very prone to getting beat...heck he was resorting to the reach around move long before the ACL so that is why I say he CAN'T play defense vs he won't play... his athletic skill set has changed and he has not adjusted to it...sort of like the young pitcher who blows the fastball by everyone... then it's  only 92-93 instead of 99 and he starts to get hit and has to LEARN a couple of new pitches to master. Rondo will need to make some adjustments and he is so damn pig headed it seems that's where the 6 inches between the ears comes in.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by wide clyde Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:31 pm

If you are correct, beat, then Rondo is going to hard-headedly cost himself a lot of money.

Again, glad that he is with Dallas and not Boston.

wide clyde

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:44 pm

He is and always was a talented hard working role player that got up for big TV games, he is not getting near a max deal from anybody, as he shoots 30% on FT's, and needs to hog the ball to put up his assists....he'll be lucky if he's still starting in this league next season and if he doesn't improve his weaknesses, he won't be starting level PG.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down