Rick Pitino is the new coach of Puerto Rico National team.

+3
NYCelt
Sam
international
7 posters

Go down

Rick Pitino is the new coach of Puerto Rico National team. Empty Rick Pitino is the new coach of Puerto Rico National team.

Post by international Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:52 pm

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12449469/louisville-rick-pitino-coach-puerto-rico-national-team
He was named the head coach for the panamerican games and the olimpic qualification tournament.Beside his good reputation as a great coach ,the most important thing about this hiring is his ability to get the players that are Puerto Rican descendents like Shabazz Napier,Mo Harkless,Ricky Ledo and Devin Booker to play for the team.If he can get them ,we are going to have a very good team with Carlos Arroyo,J J Barea and Renaldo Balkman.The tournaments are going to be tough with teams like Canada,Argentina,Mexico,and Brasil.

international

Back to top Go down

Rick Pitino is the new coach of Puerto Rico National team. Empty Re: Rick Pitino is the new coach of Puerto Rico National team.

Post by Sam Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:37 pm

Good luck to Puerto Rico, International.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Rick Pitino is the new coach of Puerto Rico National team. Empty Re: Rick Pitino is the new coach of Puerto Rico National team.

Post by NYCelt Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:19 pm

International,

Pitino may be the last guy you bring in as your NBA coach, that's for certain!

As a college coach, or a coach of younger high performing players in international competition, he's one of your main go to guys.

If they can get a few decent players he'll have team Puerto Rico looking good.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by international Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:10 pm

Thank you guys.As I said Pitino brings discipline and experience and is important to get the permittion of the nba players like Napier ,Harkless,and Ledo and Devin Booker of Kentucky ,even Taj Gibson is elegible to play for our country because his grandfather was a Puerto Rican.I see Canada and Argentina as the main competition.Canada with Wiggins,Olynyk,Joseph,Sacre,Ennis,Istaukas,Nicholson,Bennett,And others.And Argentina with veterans like Scola,Pigrioni,Nocioni,Delfino.

international

Back to top Go down

Post by wide clyde Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:22 am

This guy was a horrible joke when he had the opportunity to lead the most prestigious franchise in NBA history.

I guess since I can carry a grudge, I could care less about him and a Puerto Rico team.

wide clyde

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:32 am

Wonder if Bobby Knight is allowed back in Puerto Rico yet?

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sloopjohnb Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:33 am

College is where a control freak with a massive ego to feed belongs. In Boston wonder boy Rick impaled himself on his own ego.

I think that Bill Walton had Pitino in mind when he said that the NBA is about the players; it's not about some guy pacing the sidelines in a $2000 suit barking out orders.

Sloopjohnb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sloopjohnb Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:48 am

"Wonder if Bobby Knight is allowed back in Puerto Rico yet?"

I don't think that there's anything to prevent Bobby Knight from going to Puerto Rico. Of course, if he does go there is still the matter of that misdemeanor assault conviction on which he was sentenced to six months in abstentia.

I think that the Puerto Rican authorities long ago said they would not extradite Knight but they have been silent on what they'll do if Bobby chooses to show up.

Sloopjohnb

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:53 am

Some talent and a good coach. Puerto Rico should do just fine.

Nice pick up, international.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down