The Growing Rivalry Out West

Go down

The Growing Rivalry Out West Empty The Growing Rivalry Out West

Post by bobheckler Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:38 am

GSW and LAC.  Not sharing the love...

This is a RE-tweet by Barbosa of Big Baby's flop against GSW.  It's pretty bad acting.

https://vine.co/v/OEpDzFeKOPD

And here is Doc mocking Draymond Green's toughness:

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/10/doc-rivers-mocks-draymond-greens-toughness-after-his-reaction-to-bump-from-dahntay-jones/

Doc Rivers mocks Draymond Green’s toughness after his reaction to bump from Dahntay Jones
Brett Pollakoff Mar 10, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT

After the Warriors soundly beat the Clippers on Sunday, Draymond Green was the one in the spotlight, conducting a walk-off interview to conclude the nationally-televised contest.

Seldom-used Dahntay Jones gave Green an intentional bump with his shoulder that the cameras caught, and was fined $10,000 by the league for his actions.

Green was vocal about this immediately afterward, wanting the league to look into what Jones did.

“I think he wanted a reaction from me, but he don’t play,” Green said. “Me getting suspended and him getting suspended, it’s different. When you don’t play, that’s probably his role on that team.”

Clippers head coach Doc Rivers mocked Green for making such a big deal out of something seemingly so small.

From Melissa Rohlin of the Los Angeles Times:

“Honestly, I just saw it an hour and a half ago and, wow, that was such a violent bump,” Rivers quipped.

Rivers went on to poke a bit of fun at Green.

“I guess that tough guy in Golden State, the bump was too hard for him, clearly, the way he reacted,” Rivers said. “My goodness. I thought the guy was tough. Anyway, that’s my take on it.”

To be fair to Green, Jones was looking for a reaction; that’s why the league saw fit to fine him for what he did.

As for Rivers going after him a bit, well, there’s a bit of a history between the Clippers and the Warriors that dates back to their many battles from last season. So, we’ll just add these remarks to the ever-growing rivalry between the two teams.

And now, Draymond Green cranks the heat up a bit by firing back at Doc:

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/10/draymond-green-cranks-up-clippers-warriors-rivalry-calls-doc-rivers-glenn/

Draymond Green cranks up Clippers-Warriors rivalry, calls Doc Rivers ‘Glenn’
Dan Feldman Mar 10, 2015, 10:20 PM EDT

Dahntay Jones bumped Draymond Green during Green’s postgame interview, and Green made a point to chastise Jones afterward. That earned Jones a fine for an incident that could have easily gone unnoticed.

Clippers coach Doc Rivers chastised Green for making this an issue:

“I guess that tough guy in Golden State, the bump was too hard for him, clearly, the way he reacted,” Rivers said. “My goodness. I thought the guy was tough. Anyway, that’s my take on it.”

Diamond Leung of Bay Area News Group:

Diamond Leung        ✔ @diamond83
Follow
Draymond Green to KNBR on Doc Rivers comments: "Cool story, Glenn."
5:11 PM - 10 Mar 2015

Follow
Doc Rivers didn't refer to Draymond Green by name. Green responds by referring to Glenn multiple times.
5:19 PM - 10 Mar 2015
20 RETWEETS  19 FAVORITES

Follow
Hilariously, Draymond Green sidestepped question on Doc Rivers comments by indicating passing 50 wins was the more important focus.
5:24 PM - 10 Mar 2015
10 RETWEETS  10 FAVORITES

Calling Rivers by his give name is hardly an insult in a vacuum. In this context, it’s very clear Green intends it as a dig – and that’s enough for it to land.

Clippers-Warriors is the NBA’s best rivalry. This just made it a little better.

The teams next play March 31. Hopefully, they meet again in the playoffs.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down