Remember Bob Cousy Saying Farewell to Boston Celtics Fans In Retirement Ceremony

3 posters

Go down

Remember Bob Cousy Saying Farewell to Boston Celtics Fans In Retirement Ceremony Empty Remember Bob Cousy Saying Farewell to Boston Celtics Fans In Retirement Ceremony

Post by bobheckler Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:34 pm

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/throwback/201503/remember-bob-cousys-saying-farewell-boston-celtics-fans

Remember Bob Cousy Saying Farewell to Boston Celtics Fans In Retirement Ceremony
Tuesday, March 17, 2015 2:37 amWritten by: ThePostGame Staff

March 17, 1963: Boston Celtics great Bob Cousy says goodbye to fans in an emotional speech.

Cousy was one of the stalwarts on six Boston Celtics championship teams, including five straight from 1959 to 1963.

He won the Most Valuable Player award in 1957 after averaging 20.6 points, 7.5 assists and 4.8 rebounds. He became a fan favorite and made it hard to say goodbye.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Remember Bob Cousy Saying Farewell to Boston Celtics Fans In Retirement Ceremony Empty Re: Remember Bob Cousy Saying Farewell to Boston Celtics Fans In Retirement Ceremony

Post by swish Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:47 pm

I just watched it again for the umpteenth time and got the same result. More tears.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Remember Bob Cousy Saying Farewell to Boston Celtics Fans In Retirement Ceremony Empty Re: Remember Bob Cousy Saying Farewell to Boston Celtics Fans In Retirement Ceremony

Post by Sam Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:31 am

My dad and I agreed that he got the longest sustained ovation that we'd ever heard—wave upon wave.  It was incredible.  I don't know whether the entire ovation was caught on any video.  I'd love to time it.  The front of the first balcony was truly bouncing up and down at least a foot.  We found later that we had both had the same thought during that ovation.  If we were about to die, what a way to go.  I saw that balcony bounce that much only one other time: at an Elton John concert.

Wow, more than half a century.  I hope The Cooz is doing better than in the few months following his wife's death.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down