Nat Robinson would only consider LA/Boston/Orlando

Go down

Nat Robinson would only consider LA/Boston/Orlando Empty Nat Robinson would only consider LA/Boston/Orlando

Post by 112288 Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:36 pm

Should Knicks consider trading David Lee? »
BY FRANK ISOLA

Should the Knicks consider trading David Lee? I don’t see it happening but the only way the Knicks can erase Jared Jeffries’ contract from their salary cap would be to package him in a deal with Lee.

If the Knicks defy the odds and sign LeBron James it is unlikely that Lee can be re-signed anyway. Lee admitted as much during All-Star Weekend in Dallas so why not try to get as much cap space as possible. If the Knicks can get Jeffries or Eddy Curry off their cap, they would have enough money to sign two max free agents. Maybe that would be their selling point to LeBron: Come here and bring one of your buddies (Dwyane Wade or Chris Bosh) with you.

Here are some leftovers from All-Star Weekend:

The word is that Nate Robinson would agree to a trade if it means him ending up with the Lakers, Celtics or Magic. So unless Robinson softens his stance, ‘Lil Him will finish the season in a Knicks uniform.

Every week seems to bring a new rumor about LeBron’s future. One NBA official told me that he keeps hearing LeBron and Chicago. I’m not buying it but it is interesting that the Bulls, like the Knicks, are trying to clear cap space and have made Tyrus Thomas and Kirk Hinrich available. Chicago is also interested in acquiring Tracy McGrady, whose $23 million contract comes off the books this summer. I’m guessing that there is an 80 percent chance that LeBron re-signs with Cleveland, especially in the Cavs reach the NBA Finals.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/knicks/2010/02/should-knicks-consider-trading.html#ixzz0feteJXrb

Back to top Go down