Kupchak Says Kobe Told Him This Would Be His Last Season

3 posters

Go down

Kupchak Says Kobe Told Him This Would Be His Last Season Empty Kupchak Says Kobe Told Him This Would Be His Last Season

Post by bobheckler Sat May 23, 2015 11:20 am

No real surprise here, he's going to be 37 and hasn't had a full season in how many years?  His body is breaking down and his contract is in its final year.  Makes sense to end it now.  Still, it's hard to believe he can/will just stop.  Pierce, KG, Jermaine O'Neal; there are just SO many players that just can't walk away.  Good luck to Kobe.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/22/lakers-general-manager-says-kobe-bryant-told-him-next-season-will-be-kobes-last-with-lakers/

Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers
Dan Feldman May 22, 2015, 1:28 PM EDT

Kobe Bryant said in March he could see himself playing beyond next season.

But that’s apparently no longer the case – with the Lakers, at least.

Baxter Holmes of ESPN:

Los Angeles Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak said star guard Kobe Bryant has told him that the upcoming 2015-16 season will be Bryant’s last with the Lakers.

“He has indicated to me that this is it,” Kupchak said Thursday in a radio appearance with SiriusXM NBA Radio.

For Kobe to return at all from his shoulder injury would be pretty incredible, and he’s working hard to do so. How much longer can he keep pushing?

It already seemed the Lakers were preparing for Kobe to wrap up his time with the team, which is only logical. He turns 37 this summer, and he’s entering the final season of his contract.

Kobe, of course, could always change his mind about re-signing – or play for another team in 2016-17. This is unofficial and secondhand.

But Kupchak is a pretty reliable source here. It sure seems Kobe is entering his final season with the Lakers and probably his final season in the NBA.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Kupchak Says Kobe Told Him This Would Be His Last Season Empty Re: Kupchak Says Kobe Told Him This Would Be His Last Season

Post by Sam Sat May 23, 2015 4:58 pm

Never liked him, never will.  But I wouldn't want any player to leave the game with a real disabling injury.  So I'm wishing Kobe well physically.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Kupchak Says Kobe Told Him This Would Be His Last Season Empty Re: Kupchak Says Kobe Told Him This Would Be His Last Season

Post by tjmakz Mon May 25, 2015 4:02 pm

It is definitely time for Kobe to move on after this season. 
I am looking forward to his last season with a bunch of young kids, but I am also excited about the Lakers being able to use his salary to make an offer to a top tier free agent after next season. 
It was a good ride with Kobe as a Laker but Father Time has just about caught up to him.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down