Memorial Day, 2015

2 posters

Go down

Memorial Day, 2015 Empty Memorial Day, 2015

Post by Sam Mon May 25, 2015 10:13 pm

Thank you to all who have served, and peace to all who gave the fullest measure in doing so.

You and your sacrifices on behalf of your country and your loved ones will never be forgotten.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Memorial Day, 2015 Empty Re: Memorial Day, 2015

Post by bobc33 Mon May 25, 2015 11:20 pm

Sam love your avatar.

I'm blessed to be a member of the American Legion Post 440 and a Son of the American Legion. They do a very good job of commemorating this holiday throughout the City of Newton and honoring those who gave their lives.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue May 26, 2015 12:25 am

Bobc,

What a thrill it was to salute the heroes of D-Day.  I'm sure you'll see the avatar again on June 6.  When Reagan (regardless of whether or not one liked his politics) gave a spectacular speech on June 6, 1984 at the American Cemetery, we were honored to be there.  Much of his talk centered around an American private who made it through the first assault wave and who had always wanted to return for the 40th anniversary of D-Day.  He had died of cancer about two years short of that goal, but his daughter promised to fulfill her dad's mission.  She was there among the honorees.  After years of trying, I have finally obtained her phone number in California, and I plan to phone her just short of D-Day this year to let her know her father, and others like him, have not been forgotten.

The American Legion always does a great job of ensuring that those who served are honored as they should be.  Yesterday, I saw an article on the animals who have also served—many of them with great distinction.  It gave me a welcome perspective.

Here's to the ones who didn't make it back.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down