Danny Ainge: Celtics Will Not Keep All Four Draft Picks; ‘Tough Choices’ Ahead

Go down

Danny Ainge: Celtics Will Not Keep All Four Draft Picks; ‘Tough Choices’ Ahead Empty Danny Ainge: Celtics Will Not Keep All Four Draft Picks; ‘Tough Choices’ Ahead

Post by bobheckler Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:30 pm

http://nesn.com/2015/06/danny-ainge-celtics-will-not-keep-all-four-draft-picks-tough-choices-ahead/

Danny Ainge: Celtics Will Not Keep All Four Draft Picks; ‘Tough Choices’ Ahead

by Zack Cox on Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 4:19AM

BOSTON — Speaking with reporters midway early in the second round of Thursday’s NBA draft, Celtics coach Brad Stevens expressed confidence that the three players Boston had selected at the time — Terry Rozier, R.J. Hunter and Jordan Mickey — will be with the team this season.

“I haven’t had any of those discussions with (Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge), per se,” said Stevens, whose meeting with the media came before the C’s used their final pick of the night on William & Mary guard Marcus Thornton. “I would think that all of these guys we picked thus far are going to be with us. And certainly from a coaching standpoint, that’s the way I look at it.”

Ainge, however, said with near certainty a short time later that Boston’s opening night roster would not include all four draft picks.

“No, we don’t have room on the roster for all four guys, most likely,” Ainge said. “And we may even be buying another pick before the night’s over. (Editor’s note: They did not.) We probably don’t have room for them, so we’ll work out deals where guys can play overseas in some of the situations.”

The Celtics’ decision to draft three guards (Rozier, Hunter and Thornton) further overloaded the team’s already-packed stable of backcourt players, and Ainge acknowledged additional moves likely are still to come.

“Obviously, we have a lot of guards,” he said. “And we’ll figure it out. I like them all. We may have to make some tough choices, but we really like all the guys.”

bob
MY NOTE:  Blah, blah, blah.  "We really like all the guys".  Blah, blah, blah.  About the only thing I have confidence in is that
A.  All 4 will not be on the roster on opening night and
B.  There are still more shoes to drop besides not keeping all 4 picks.

Danny tried to do something on draft night.  He didn't/couldn't.  There is nothing more dangerous than getting in front of a frustrated Trader Danny.  Bodies will be moving, I'd bet on it.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down