Another Game We Will Be Short

+2
gyso
6 posters

Go down

Another Game We Will Be Short Empty Another Game We Will Be Short

Post by 112288 Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:58 am

Flu will probably sideline both Pierce and Daniels tonight making a great game just another game we cannot judge the true character and ability of the team. What a bummer!

Back to top Go down

Another Game We Will Be Short Empty Re: Another Game We Will Be Short

Post by gyso Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:37 am

Aren't the Celtics holding only 13 on their roster after releasing Hudson and the 3-for-2 trade with the Knicks?

Perhaps they should have signed a SF/PF kind of guy, a veteran sort of player, to a 10 day contract. That would certainly help keep Pierce on the pine in order for him to recover EVERYTHING that has come up with him this year, physically.

Darius Miles, Matt Harpring, Donyell Marshall? Someone else from the group on the "Available Free Agent List" thread? I'm not talking someone that will make a difference come playoff time. I'm talking now, when the Celtics need a little help.

The Celtics office should have at least looked down this path and had a "Break glass in case of an emergency" player ready to join the roster.

Anyway, it looks like we are back to our Season of Discontinuity. We will hope for victory and look for glimmers!!

gyso
gyso
gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:51 am

don't worry we've got Scal

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:14 am

Marcus Landry is exactly the player you speak of gyso - and he is sitting right there on the bench. Expect him to get some meaningful minutes tonight.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:30 am

gyso wrote:112288,

Aren't the Celtics holding only 13 on their roster after releasing Hudson and the 3-for-2 trade with the Knicks?

Perhaps they should have signed a SF/PF kind of guy, a veteran sort of player, to a 10 day contract. That would certainly help keep Pierce on the pine in order for him to recover EVERYTHING that has come up with him this year, physically.

Darius Miles, Matt Harpring, Donyell Marshall? Someone else from the group on the "Available Free Agent List" thread? I'm not talking someone that will make a difference come playoff time. I'm talking now, when the Celtics need a little help.

The Celtics office should have at least looked down this path and had a "Break glass in case of an emergency" player ready to join the roster.

Anyway, it looks like we are back to our Season of Discontinuity. We will hope for victory and look for glimmers!!

gyso

I hope we don't wait too long to get a couple of bodies.

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:45 am

Someone mentioned Matt Harpring, I think he is physically unable to perform and that's why he was forced into early retirement.-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:53 am

mrkleen09 wrote:Marcus Landry is exactly the player you speak of gyso - and he is sitting right there on the bench. Expect him to get some meaningful minutes tonight.

mrkleen,

I know about Marcus, I posted of his availability for this task in another thread. I'm thinking that Doc would perfer a veteran (but limited) player over a rookie (and unproven - undrafted) player to have a go at Lebron, and to fill in for Paul in general, for 10 days. I'm a "CBA number" guy, not so much of a "know the talent of non-Celtic players" guy. I was hoping that someone who excells in the knowledge of non-Celtic players talent could point out if any available player fills that need.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:55 am

MDCelticsFan wrote:Someone mentioned Matt Harpring, I think he is physically unable to perform and that's why he was forced into early retirement.-MD.

MD,

I think Sam mentioned something was up with Matt. He hasn't played this season, or something like that.

gyso
gyso
gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:50 am

gyso wrote:
mrkleen09 wrote:Marcus Landry is exactly the player you speak of gyso - and he is sitting right there on the bench. Expect him to get some meaningful minutes tonight.

mrkleen,

I know about Marcus, I posted of his availability for this task in another thread. I'm thinking that Doc would perfer a veteran (but limited) player over a rookie (and unproven - undrafted) player to have a go at Lebron, and to fill in for Paul in general, for 10 days. I'm a "CBA number" guy, not so much of a "know the talent of non-Celtic players" guy. I was hoping that someone who excells in the knowledge of non-Celtic players talent could point out if any available player fills that need.

gyso

The roster slots are staying open for a reason. Danny will fill the roster for the playoff run.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:48 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:
gyso wrote:

mrkleen,

gyso

The roster slots are staying open for a reason. Danny will fill the roster for the playoff run.

Using a 10 day contract now does not get in the way of filling the roster for the playoff run. Suppose Eddie house gets waived by next monday? He will have to wait 30 days befor he gets activated. The 10-day contract guy can be long gone by then. If waiting for Eddie is not the issue, than what is?

We need help now, in the short term.

gyso
gyso
gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:53 pm

Putting Marcus Landry on Lebron James would be cruel and inhumane punishment. That's a job for a veteran who knows LBJ and is known by the refs. Landry will get no respect, zero, from the zebras and you need every whisker of an edge against that juggernaut you can get.

As far as Matt Harpring goes, he just retired. His body can't take it anymore and he has retired on the advice of his doctors. That's not a "I just don't like the punishment anymore and I'm already rich, so why should I?" thing, that's a "I'd love to, but I just can't anymore without threatening the rest of my life. Period" thing.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down