+4
jeb
MDCelticsFan
cowens/oldschool
8 posters

Go down

We Don't Have The Horses Empty We Don't Have The Horses

Post by 112288 Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:14 am

Unfortunately this year is going to wind up a bust unless the team happens to have an Epiphany! I hate to bring up old arguments but does Jim Posey ring a bell. This team is a good team but is lacking 2-3 guys off the bench that can come in and shut down a team's #1 player or can but up some quick points when we are flat. Danny was unable to build out the bench to 8 or 9 good players. Daniels is a great ball player who can score and play D. After that the talent falls off. T. Allen good defensively but cannot handle bigger forwards because of his size and has no outside shot, Big Baby is a good player but he has reached his max potential, Rasheed......don't get me started! Scal is Scal, but really can he still go to war? He did not even get suited for most of the finals in 2008 and now he is.

Nate will fix the second unit point guard position so we are ok in that department. We need a scoring forward and a defensive/rebounding forward to fix the problems.......Well summer is right around the corner and free agency!

Back to top Go down

We Don't Have The Horses Empty Re: We Don't Have The Horses

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:53 am

With a healthy Pierce Quis would be the slashing scoring forward off the bench,Baby is Baby will battle and hustle and get his shot blocked,the bigger problem is the age and health related age issues of the Big 3......agreed we don't have the horses,our horses don't always have it on a consistant basis.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:03 am

That inside scoring forward off the bench should have been Leon,don't remember him having his shot blocked all the time like Baby,I'd take him over Sheed too as he could always rebound.......classless the way we tossed Leon aside,we created our own karma on that one and payback can be a bitch

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:11 am

Not only the real horses, unfortunately the Celts don't even have the hobby horses!-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:46 am

cow

By that karma argument we must have done some Ed Gein-Pol Pot level shit to "deserve" Bias and Reggie.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:59 am

Do we have the horses?

To win a championship this year...?

Here's a question for a snowbound day in the east;

Does it matter?

I'm not picking on anyone, and certainly every team's goal going into camp is to see if they've go what it takes to win it.

But..can't we still enjoy the season even if we don't take the title?

Maybe it's a good thing, but it seems like it's title or bust, with nothing in between.

For me, yes, I want to see us win it. It hasn't been made an absolute we won't yet either.

A good part of the enjoyment is each moment of each game and it seems as though that is no longer enough for so many fans. Lose one and it's a festival of wallowing self pity. We're not done yet.

Hey, remember, not long ago we were where the Nets are now.

Just a thought.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:13 am

NYC

It's a weird deal when you start to hold onto something so tight. I have noticed it in myself bigtime. At the start of the season I wanted to chase history. Then I wanted a title. Made me really agitated when it started to look like that was not goin to happen.

As KG started to limp I was forced to adjust my expectations. It was good for me. I made myself admit what I was doing and adjust. It is a process. But after last night I feel great this morning and didnt let any of it tox me out.

I am going to enjoy the rest of the season and I wont give up til the clock ticks down to the last tick in the last game.

I saw my friend Tommy just getting blasted with negativity on facebook yesterday. It's everywhere. There is no escaping it. So as Sam said, learn to filter your own response to be useful.Don't let the woe is me crowd knock you into any of your own shit and go about your day with love in your heart.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:31 am

does anyone else think that KG is ... slowly, gradually ... moving a little better, and getting more lift?

Michael
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:34 am

bygpyg

I do. But last night was a step back.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:55 am

TO NYCelt: To speak of the Nets, it looks like that's the direction we're heading, instead of toward Cleveland & Atlanta. Our Star is 3/4 beneath the horizon!-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:48 pm

bigpygme wrote:does anyone else think that KG is ... slowly, gradually ... moving a little better, and getting more lift?

Michael

Michael,

I absolutely, positively do see BIG advances in KG's performance since the all-star game. His movement is more fluid, he's not thinking about things too much and he's got a lot of lift back in his leap. He's back to playing instinctively again, and that's when he's at his best.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:12 pm

We also don't have "all the King's men", either 112288, Cleveland does....
So we aren't going to be able to put humpty dumpty back together again...
We aren't the favorite, for sure...back in the pack....But I don't count us out yet, no way....
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:30 pm

thatta boy lacelt
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:34 am

LACELTFAN wrote:We also don't have "all the King's men", either 112288, Cleveland does....
We aren't the favorite, for sure...back in the pack....But I don't count us out yet, no way....

LACELTFAN,

I know that all Celtic fans are feeling bad and there is no bigger fan then me. I travel great distances each month to see the men in green play but I am also a realist not a dreamer. The team lacks several key role players off the bench to make them true contenders to reach the eastern conference finals let alone the finals. This is due to several things; managements (Ainge/Rivers & staff) over assessment of current players on the roster in July of 2009, thereby negating any trades that would have upgraded several positions, managements inability to get another good player other then Daniels who I like a great deal, and the under performance by their star free agent signing Rasheed as well as several existing roster players.

My critical view and frustration of the Celtic team is due in large part from having been an owner of a successful business at one time. It makes me a little more sensitive to how other organizations are run and how management functions. As in any managerial position, if you are good and a quick study you begin to gain a critical eye of how other departments and members of those department function and perform. You have to be quick to spot trouble and as quickly come up with a solution. Sometimes you cannot and so you may have to scrap your original business platform and adapt to the changing environment. This maybe where the Celtic's are right now. At the crossroads.

My posts are intended to be thoughtful and informative from a managerial standpoint for all. It's healthy to hear all sides even if it maybe unpopular at the moment. I am not here to beat down the feeling of loyal members of this chat site when things are going blue. But if I see things that may not be right in the Celtic organization (players/team/management), I will not take a path that the majority of other fans may take because they are lead by their hearts and emotions, which is fine also because it's fun to be a fan! But because I may take a contrarian point of view at times, I am in no way a fair weather fan, I've followed them since 1961and not being from Boston I tried every which way to attend a few games a year come hell or high water. Now more so.

So I hope they can turn it around but I just don't want my friends at this sight to get overly disappointed if they bow out by the second round of the play-offs. I hope to God I am wrong!

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:04 am

Your the best.

jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:18 pm

112288-

i agree with concerns about management's decisions, and i certainly have been no fan of Doc's player management or substitution patterns. and Sheed, at least from a point of view more than 30 miles away from downtown Boston, has been a disappointment, for the most part, and although more recently he's contributed some useful low post play on both ends, it's still below what i was expecting.

i am interested in seeing what Nate can contribute. and there may still be pieces of the puzzle that management may add, no? but this is hardly a season for the ages ... back to the pack is indeed where we are. i watch the Nuggets hold leads, play hard, pull out games and be led by a couple of reliable stars and think, THIS is what i expected from th Celtics !
i'm a fan - i want to see Rondo's energy (when he brings it) to be contagious ! i want hungry players who aren't satisfied with playing 3/4's of a game ! i want a team that gains energy as the game goes on, not loses it. i want to see a furious, driven, ball-hawking, energetic hungry groupp of guys who go hard all game and have each others' backs.

and i dearly want to see KG round back into form - and it could happen. and if it does, well, watch the synergistic effects ! the next tune we sing would be a much happier one.

regards, all,
Michael
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:53 pm

112288 wrote:
LACELTFAN wrote:We also don't have "all the King's men", either 112288, Cleveland does....

LACELTFAN,

I know that all Celtic fans are feeling bad and there is no bigger fan then me. I travel great distances each month to see the men in green play but I am also a realist not a dreamer. The team lacks several key role players off the bench to make them true contenders to reach the eastern conference finals let alone the finals. This is due to several things; managements (Ainge/Rivers & staff) over assessment of current players on the roster in July of 2009, thereby negating any trades that would have upgraded several positions, managements inability to get another good player other then Daniels who I like a great deal, and the under performance by their star free agent signing Rasheed as well as several existing roster players.

My critical view and frustration of the Celtic team is due in large part from having been an owner of a successful business at one time. It makes me a little more sensitive to how other organizations are run and how management functions. As in any managerial position, if you are good and a quick study you begin to gain a critical eye of how other departments and members of those department function and perform. You have to be quick to spot trouble and as quickly come up with a solution. Sometimes you cannot and so you may have to scrap your original business platform and adapt to the changing environment. This maybe where the Celtic's are right now. At the crossroads.

My posts are intended to be thoughtful and informative from a managerial standpoint for all. It's healthy to hear all sides even if it maybe unpopular at the moment. I am not here to beat down the feeling of loyal members of this chat site when things are going blue. But if I see things that may not be right in the Celtic organization (players/team/management), I will not take a path that the majority of other fans may take because they are lead by their hearts and emotions, which is fine also because it's fun to be a fan! But because I may take a contrarian point of view at times, I am in no way a fair weather fan, I've followed them since 1961and not being from Boston I tried every which way to attend a few games a year come hell or high water. Now more so.

So I hope they can turn it around but I just don't want my friends at this sight to get overly disappointed if they bow out by the second round of the play-offs. I hope to God I am wrong!

No worries 112288 or can I just call you November? as my earlier "I PREDICT" rant alludes to...I'm in a nyquil stupor this week anyway...Under the weather...Hey maybe that's the problem the C's have, maybe their all taking nyquil instead of dayquil by mistake.... But seriously, ..this isn't really about physical talent..If these guys sucked it up and made a run at it...They could hang with anyone including the mighty Lakers but they don't look interested in that. We'll see.....You never know, they made decide to all get on the same page and go for it down the stretch....Wouldn't that make for an interesting ending?
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:18 pm

LA,
Hope you feel better, my daughters have not been feeling well at all either.

This is getting real serious and in the Boston Harold today (get it on line) Ainge said that the next 2 months will tell the tale if he keeps the team somewhat in place or rips it apart in the off season. That is the first encouraging thing I have heard in a long time and shows management will not stand for this.

Barring injuries and timing issues because of new playing partners, there is a definite attitude issue going on in the locker room that is not out in the open for us to see and is one of the major contributors to what we are seeing in the Celtic's play.

But one thing I would be stressing and asking the Celtic team if I was Doc which would determine who will be coming back next year is ....................................................

WHERE IS YOUR CELTIC PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:26 pm

bigpygme wrote:112288-

i agree with concerns about management's decisions, and i certainly have been no fan of Doc's player management or substitution patterns. and Sheed, at least from a point of view more than 30 miles away from downtown Boston, has been a disappointment, for the most part, and although more recently he's contributed some useful low post play on both ends, it's still below what i was expecting.

i am interested in seeing what Nate can contribute. and there may still be pieces of the puzzle that management may add, no? but this is hardly a season for the ages ... back to the pack is indeed where we are. i watch the Nuggets hold leads, play hard, pull out games and be led by a couple of reliable stars and think, THIS is what i expected from th Celtics !
i'm a fan - i want to see Rondo's energy (when he brings it) to be contagious ! i want hungry players who aren't satisfied with playing 3/4's of a game ! i want a team that gains energy as the game goes on, not loses it. i want to see a furious, driven, ball-hawking, energetic hungry groupp of guys who go hard all game and have each others' backs.

and i dearly want to see KG round back into form - and it could happen. and if it does, well, watch the synergistic effects ! the next tune we sing would be a much happier one.

regards, all,
Michael

All you wrote is all good. With Kg, do not be surprised if he goes for additional surgery in the off season. I think there are some issues still going on in the knee which they might have to clear-up like scare tissue etc. He can play through it now but if they performed it during the season we may have lost him for the year. Check out on line the Boston Herald sports page on Ainge and his view of thing. It is quite good and if they fall flat he is not afraid to rip the team apart.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:25 am

i think DA is pretty fearless about doing whatever needs to be done to produce another contender. fearless in that pursuit also helps him keep his job - i think he LIKES his job and wants to keep it.

and don't leave Wyc out of any equations about what may go on, either - he has his hand in there!

Michael
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:35 am

Celtic personnel moves of late are resembling those of Dan Snider with the Redskins pre Shanahan!-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:38 am

how's it goin post-Shanahan ?
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down