Celtics All-Time "Number Still In Circulation" Team

4 posters

Go down

Celtics All-Time "Number Still In Circulation" Team Empty Celtics All-Time "Number Still In Circulation" Team

Post by bobheckler Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:42 am

This is a little game started over at redsarmy.com and I thought I'd give it a fresh start here.

#34 and #5 are ineligible since they will be retired. Also, this is for their time in green ONLY, so Dominique Wilkens and Pete Maravich are unlikely to make this team since their great years were before they came here.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Celtics All-Time "Number Still In Circulation" Team Empty Re: Celtics All-Time "Number Still In Circulation" Team

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:47 am

#44 Wyc has said he would put DA's number retire that # one day
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Celtics All-Time "Number Still In Circulation" Team Empty Re: Celtics All-Time "Number Still In Circulation" Team

Post by Sam Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:21 am

I hope Wyc follows through on that.  Danny is #2 on my list of players whose numbers should be retired but aren't.  My #1 is Larry Siegfried's #20.

With the Celtics, Danny played 7 seasons and a portion of an 8th, during which the Celtics won 2 championships.  Larry played 7 seasons with the Celts, during which they won 6 championships.  And both of them were absolutely integral parts of those teams.

It would be a travesty if Ray Allen's #20 were retired instead of Larry's #20.

Sam

Last edited by sam on Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:36 pm

The globe has an article about undoing certain numbers that are already retired. I am against this proposal,just because new players want certain numbers. Max has said he would not mind if a certain player wanted his #, but does he want to pick and choose.?
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sloopjohnb Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:52 am

I heard that when Larry Siegfried was left unprotected in the 1970 expansion draft he said something like, " I guess I'll never see my number up in the rafters."

Sloopjohnb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down