Summer Quandaries 26: "Not Quite Halloween" Surprise?

3 posters

Go down

Summer Quandaries 26:  "Not Quite Halloween" Surprise?   Empty Summer Quandaries 26: "Not Quite Halloween" Surprise?

Post by bobheckler Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:40 am

http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2015/08/sq26-that-not-quite-halloween-surprise.html

SQ26 That “Not Quite Halloween” Surprise?

By Lee Lauderdale

Summer Quandaries 26:  "Not Quite Halloween" Surprise?   SQ%2B2

Just one thought for this morning: I believe the most likely date for getting the roster down to 15 will be around October 25. I can easily see the determination of which direction to go lasting the entire training camp. That is, if it is just up to the Celtics. Now if some other team(s) come calling, the Trader Dan will listen, shuffle his chips, and say something like “Well, I might be able to help you out. What do you need and what have you to offer? Actually we need to tie this up soon, I have another caller on the other line (smiles diabolically).”

Although I have churned and stressed as much as any of you, I have found a peaceful space where I am eager to see what Brad Stevens will conjure up, and where I am comfortable that GM Ainge will find a way to continue the improvement.

Only 41 days until camp.

bob
MY NOTE:  Ok, so Lee basically took the day off.  I can't blame him, he's the only blogger who is turning out original columns every day during a period where there is no news to simply regurgitate and 2 months is a long time to do that.  I will agree with him on one point, in fact his only point, and that is after watching Brad blossom last year after a shaky first year I too am comfortable with him maximizing the potential of every player he is given. And Danny never sleeps, so we know something is going to happen.  We're not where we were in 2009 or 2010 where we had the core, we just needed to fill in around them. It may be late in the pre-season before the roster gets cut down unless they pretty much know it's PJ3 and they want to give him a chance to hook up with another team by cutting him early. What's the rush?

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Summer Quandaries 26:  "Not Quite Halloween" Surprise?   Empty Re: Summer Quandaries 26: "Not Quite Halloween" Surprise?

Post by wide clyde Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:35 pm

Bob,

I also thought the exact same thing about Lee taking today off, but so what? At least he is trying to fill the down time of the off season better than any one else.

Cripes, one of the local sports outlets (WEEI) has had their story printed on July first STILL up on their site about how the Cs need Kevin Love.

Absolutely, no need to worry about which 15 guys on the current roster of 16 will need to be even thought of here in the middle of August. Competition for playing time will determine who stays and who goes. I am sure that every player on this team fully knows that there are 16current contracts and only 15 roster spaces.

wide clyde

Back to top Go down

Summer Quandaries 26:  "Not Quite Halloween" Surprise?   Empty Re: Summer Quandaries 26: "Not Quite Halloween" Surprise?

Post by Sam Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:27 pm

I don't think he took the day off. I believe this was the day for getting his column circumcised.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down