More on Morris

4 posters

Go down

More on Morris Empty More on Morris

Post by Matty Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:58 am

http://www.inquisitr.com/2376295/boston-celtics-rumors-markieff-morris-may-be-headed-to-the-celtics/

Its more or less a rehash of everything that's already been said.. blah blah blah..
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

More on Morris Empty Re: More on Morris

Post by pete Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:19 pm

yup
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:38 pm

Yeah Matty, you're right, same stuff.

I also wonder if the proposed swap in this article, Sully, Perry and Young, is really anywhere near enough to interest the Suns.  Sully might help them fill the PF hole, but Perry and Young still haven't shown they have much potential to stick around long, much less become strong role players.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by wide clyde Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:43 am

If I were the Suns I certainly would take this trade and walk away smiling from ear to ear.  Not that Young, Sullenger and/or Perry will be great players for their team, but none of them will be as unhappy as Morris is.

In fact, I think that they would be happy with any two of the three players mentioned for Morris, but only two of them may not make the NBA salaries fit into a trade.

A very unhappy player is one very LARGE concern for any team.  I believe that it is almost always a good idea to get rid of such an unhappy player.  Something called 'addition by subtraction" I think one may call it.  Just look back to what the Cs were able to do last year after Rondo was traded away.  The entire complexion of the team changed for the positive.

With all that said, I am not sure that I would want Morris on the Cs.

wide clyde

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:07 pm

wide clyde wrote:If I were the Suns I certainly would take this trade and walk away smiling from ear to ear.  Not that Young, Sullenger and/or Perry will be great players for their team, but none of them will be as unhappy as Morris is.

In fact, I think that they would be happy with any two of the three players mentioned for Morris, but only two of them may not make the NBA salaries fit into a trade.

A very unhappy player is one very LARGE concern for any team.  I believe that it is almost always a good idea to get rid of such an unhappy player.  Something called 'addition by subtraction" I think one may call it.  Just look back to what the Cs were able to do last year after Rondo was traded away.  The entire complexion of the team changed for the positive.

With all that said, I am not sure that I would want Morris on the Cs.

Wide,

Good point (in bold above) given your comments about addition by subtraction.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down