Jim Buss: We're Not Going To Sell Lakers

2 posters

Go down

Jim Buss: We're Not Going To Sell Lakers Empty Jim Buss: We're Not Going To Sell Lakers

Post by bobheckler Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:35 am

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/239115/Jim-Buss-Were-Not-Going-To-Sell-Lakers

Jim Buss: We're Not Going To Sell Lakers
AUG 30, 2015 2:02 AM

Jim Buss: We're Not Going To Sell Lakers Buss_Jim_lal_120620

The Buss Family has no interest in selling the Los Angeles Lakers as they continue to run the franchise as a family business.

"There is no point to sell, because it's a family business," he said. "We have Jesse [Buss] who runs the scouting and does an incredible job. Joey [Buss], who is the business side and runs the D-Fenders and does a great job. They're the future of the Lakers.

"We're not going to sell, that's all there is to it."

bob
MY NOTE: Just because The Buss Family Trust will not sell the team that doesn't mean that every member of the Buss family will remain in active involvement in the family business. Jeannie, for example, is doing a good job and I would expect to remain actively involved. You have to be good at your role, know what I mean, Dimbo? What's really amazing about this is that questions are even arising about whether they will sell the Lakers, period. Times are tough in La-La Land.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Jim Buss: We're Not Going To Sell Lakers Empty Re: Jim Buss: We're Not Going To Sell Lakers

Post by tjmakz Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:47 pm

bob,

Being asked the question about selling does not mean that times are tough for the Lakers.
With the Lakers revenue and value, I am sure some are curious if the Lakers will cash out that initial $16m investment Jerry made to buy the team.

Jeanie is holding Jim accountable to his word and for the teams success on the court.
If the Lakers do not make the Western Conference Finals during the 2016-17 season, Jim is out.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down