In your gut what do you expect the results of the first real game to be @ Cavs?

+6
Sam
KellyGreen17
willjr
gacracker
beat
jeb
10 posters

Go down

In your gut what do you expect the results of the first real game to be @ Cavs? Empty In your gut what do you expect the results of the first real game to be @ Cavs?

Post by jeb Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:49 pm

Fellas

What do yall think?

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

In your gut what do you expect the results of the first real game to be @ Cavs? Empty Re: In your gut what do you expect the results of the first real game to be @ Cavs?

Post by jeb Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:44 pm

Fellow celtic geeks,

I think replacement refs will benefit us. L James wont get to do his whole fullback thing. I think we are gel ing faster than Cleve. The crowd will be going bonkers.
I am anxious to see how Perk does @ SHaq. They win that matchup and Lebron's as well but other than that I think we win every other matchup.

It will be an epic test for the second unit. All things will be revealed. If the bench stands tall and does not give or better yet TAKES ground. I think we win a nail biter. We got more guns and I still think their team size is going to hurt them.

I also think Signing Shaq is going to help them on o and hurt them big on d.

On the whole as bad as the league wants them to be in finals. I think the Cavs will slip a tad this year.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

In your gut what do you expect the results of the first real game to be @ Cavs? Empty Re: In your gut what do you expect the results of the first real game to be @ Cavs?

Post by beat Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:54 pm

Jeb

I've run the gauntlet on what could happen in this game. I guess when all is said and done it probably means more to the Cavs to win than hurts us to lose, being they are at home.

I think we are the better team, but will we be that particular night.
One game of 82 really nothing more than that (OK not really)

Dang it I hope we blow there doors off!!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:00 pm

Thanks beat!

Me too. I got to admit I wish we had a game or two to build up to them but I think both teams will run no water in the bong and I expect it to get chippy for a 1rst game.

The two teams are really starting to dislike each other and I like that.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by gacracker Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:11 pm

I expect a close game without a lot of meaning unless it turns out to be a blowout by either team. A blowout might reverberate for the entire season though.

The C's need to play as a unit and be competitive. I'd be happy with that. Anything more would be gravy. Anything less I would be unhappy with.

GC
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:36 pm

GA

I would in my heart of hearts love to say just play well and look good and results don't matter. But the sad fact is I want to WIN.

Like in Rocky II when Adrian wakes up form the coma, and says to Rocky there is one thing you can do for me, and Rocky says "Yo what's that?"

WIN

No prisoners whatsover. Win baby WIN!! And I don't care how we look doing it!

beat

Last edited by beat on Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by willjr Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:52 pm

I agree beat, lets get a convincing win to start the season off right. Perfect scenario for me would be for the 2nd unit to come in and either take or stretch the lead, thus sending an early message to the cavs and the rest
of the league that we can keep the pressure up on both ends of the court for 48 minutes, that there will be no let down this year, Paul, Ray or KG won't neccessarily have to be on the floor to babysit the reserves.
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:37 pm

I haven't seen the Cavs play this year so it's hard to judge what the result of that game will be. I do know that they are going to have to be very, very good to keep up with the Celtics. The whole team has that hungry look in their eyes like they did in '08. It's been a small sample, but from what I've seen this pre-season they appear to be firing on all cylinders. I'd be scared if I was their opponent. Boy it's good to be a C's fan!
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by gacracker Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:50 pm

beat wrote:GA

I would in my heart of hearts love to say just play well and look good and results don't matter. But the sad fact is I want to WIN.

beat

I'm not saying that winning doesn't matter. It certainly does but only a blow out really, really matters. Only a blow out would be a statement maker, the potential for a season changer either way.

Its a long season indeed.

I'm going to be pumped no question... but its one of many big games this season.

The C's started off last year like a house on fire... an ended on a whimper. From my point of view... last year never, never happened. I got cocky early and then hit rock bottom.

Didnt even watch the playoffs. That was it for me. I knew the plot. C's were going nowhere and nothing I could do to change it. I went from sky high.... to lower than whale feces. No fun.

This season: Easy does it. Let's peak in the playoffs. What happens in October/November means virtually squatt in the grand scheme!

I'm an older wiser fart now and have learned to pace myself I hope.

Easier said than done!

Aw, shucks..... Let's kick some ass, fellas!

Starting with the Cavs!

GC
gacracker
gacracker

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:21 pm

Fellas,

Damn this is fun! Yall are talking about my subject! Whoeee. I think this game matters bigtime and I dont give a damn that it's the first game. It's the Cavs. Half the "experts" are picking them in the finals from the east. A few are picking them to win it. Every time we play them we must try to crush their spirit. And I gurandamntee you they will be trying to crush ours. In my heart I am a tad spooked by James. He has great court sense and I have NEVER seen a big man move that fast. But I also feel like we got the hosses to deal with his ass this year. Him and Kobe and who the hell else you got.

The character Rorschach gets thrown in jail in the graphic novel the watchmen.
A big mean con comes at him in the lunch line and puts the point of a shiv in his back and threatens him. Rorschach grabs a container of hot grease and throws it in the guys face and says "You all need to understand. I am not locked up in here with you. You are locked up in here with me."

Thats kind of how I feel about this years Celts.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:51 pm

Obviously, playing at home is always huge for the Cavs. Some factors favoring the Celtics:

• Their chemistry has jelled more quickly than might usually be expected in preseason, considering all the experimentation that takes place.

• It's very likely that, because both Shaq and Lebron need the ball a lot, it will take those two a while to work smoothly together.

• I think Cleveland HAS to be a little tentative at the SG position, and I'm not certain they know yet who will start there.

In short, if the Celts are going to catch the Cavs by surprise at any point in the season, this would be the time to do it.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:26 pm

I think they will have a fight on their hands for the first three quarters and then the Celtics will kick ass in the final quarter. Just my prediction, that's all!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:33 pm

Rosalie,

I am prone to think that way to. Lebron just gives me the willies but I think if we play celtics d we can turn him into a jump shooter. Shaq will damn sure test out interior d. I think Perk is going to play like a fiend.

Thanks for the post.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:42 pm

Fellas and ladies

Tonite we find out. Let's whup some some cav butt.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:41 pm

I think that this is kind of a tough one to predict....There are some unknowns for sure but my gut tells me that the Cavs will take care of their home court.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by celtsfan4ever Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:27 pm

Celtics win 98 to 90 and shaq will be a non factor this game
celtsfan4ever
celtsfan4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:32 pm

Hey everyone!!

Check out the Game On! thread in its new location.

Just scroll to the top of the screen and pick the Lucky logo with your mouse. It will take you to the forum's Home Page.

Look for the Game On! forum, open it up and look for the one with today's date, October 27!!!

See you there!!

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:48 pm

Well it looks like I was wrong and that IS a pleasant surprise....Go C's!
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down