+5
Sam
Pumpsie Green
jeb
bobc33
sdceltfan
9 posters

Go down

How Right Does One Have To Be? Empty How Right Does One Have To Be?

Post by sdceltfan Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:51 pm

3 months ago I posted on the poor play and effort of the Celtics. I gave analysis that insinuated it wasn't lack of chemistry, but rather effort and unprofessional play and decision-making. I was chastised as being "negative" and far too premature.

Later I posted a series of "I Just Don't Understand It 1, 2, 3. In those posts I touched upon the continuing trends of poor play in 3rd and 4th quarters. About how the lack of ball and player movement had more to do with losses than injuries and lack of chemistry. Again I was shot down for questioning Celtic spirit and effort. About this time Ainge and Rivers finally suggested that Celtic effort wasn't consistent.

A few weeks later I suggested that it seemed that the Celtics appeared to be disinterested in the regular season - I suggested they appeared to want to play in the playoffs immediately and not have to put effort into regular season. I was termed "gloom and doom". Celtic PLAYERS now say they may be bored with regular season and just want to get into playoffs.

About a month ago I inferred that the Celtics may be tuning Doc out. I was again singled out as being being unable to see the reality of the true Celtic situation. Rondo came out later with suggestions that a few Celtics may have other "AGENDAS".

Still later, I suggested what was wrong with the Celtics was centered in the HEART and Between the Ears. At that it was suggested that such negativity may be pompous, short-sighted, and naiive to basketball in general. Just this week players and management questioned Celtic heart, and Doc suggested the problems might very well exist 'between the ears".

Now I ask you, where have I been wrong? The trend I suggested over 3 months ago still continues. The problems I suggested have been verified by players and coaches. The faltering frontline that I have questioned have continued to underperform and have been outperformed by most every team we play.

Just how right does one have to be before he gets just a little respect on this board?

sdceltfan

Back to top Go down

How Right Does One Have To Be? Empty Re: How Right Does One Have To Be?

Post by bobc33 Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:13 pm

sdceltfan wrote:3 months ago I posted on the poor play and effort of the Celtics. I gave analysis that insinuated it wasn't lack of chemistry, but rather effort and unprofessional play and decision-making. I was chastised as being "negative" and far too premature.

Later I posted a series of "I Just Don't Understand It 1, 2, 3. In those posts I touched upon the continuing trends of poor play in 3rd and 4th quarters. About how the lack of ball and player movement had more to do with losses than injuries and lack of chemistry. Again I was shot down for questioning Celtic spirit and effort. About this time Ainge and Rivers finally suggested that Celtic effort wasn't consistent.

A few weeks later I suggested that it seemed that the Celtics appeared to be disinterested in the regular season - I suggested they appeared to want to play in the playoffs immediately and not have to put effort into regular season. I was termed "gloom and doom". Celtic PLAYERS now say they may be bored with regular season and just want to get into playoffs.

About a month ago I inferred that the Celtics may be tuning Doc out. I was again singled out as being being unable to see the reality of the true Celtic situation. Rondo came out later with suggestions that a few Celtics may have other "AGENDAS".

Still later, I suggested what was wrong with the Celtics was centered in the HEART and Between the Ears. At that it was suggested that such negativity may be pompous, short-sighted, and naiive to basketball in general. Just this week players and management questioned Celtic heart, and Doc suggested the problems might very well exist 'between the ears".

Now I ask you, where have I been wrong? The trend I suggested over 3 months ago still continues. The problems I suggested have been verified by players and coaches. The faltering frontline that I have questioned have continued to underperform and have been outperformed by most every team we play.

Just how right does one have to be before he gets just a little respect on this board?

If you used the word "I" less frequently I'd have more respect for you.

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:28 pm

SDcelt

Everybody gots respect on this board near as I can tell.

That's what makes it great.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Pumpsie Green Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:32 pm

bobc33 wrote:
sdceltfan wrote:3 months ago I posted on the poor play and effort of the Celtics. I gave analysis that insinuated it wasn't lack of chemistry, but rather effort and unprofessional play and decision-making. I was chastised as being "negative" and far too premature.

If you used the word "I" less frequently I'd have more respect for you.

That is an irrelevant copout Bob. If SDCelt can back up what he said in the past (ie, did he really post it, and I have no reason to believe that he didn't), then it does not matter WHO says it if it is true, which it is IMO. Besides, the "I'd have more respect for you" sounds a bit pompous to me.
Pumpsie Green
Pumpsie Green

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:25 pm

Pumpsie,

You are right, and I too believe that he really did post it.

My post was simply a hasty reaction to seeing "I" 18 times in SD's post, he has every right to back up his previous posts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:23 pm

There's probably no bigger test of our mutual respect than when tensions are high because the team's performance is not going well. Given the often-extreme diversity of viewpoints among astute, assertive people, it's a wonder we don't experience brush fires all the time.

Because we all care about the Celtics, it's important that we retain the perspective that our posts should be primarily about the Celtics, rather than about ourselves. And our responses should be primarily about the Celtics, rather than about each other.

This does not mean that we should go along to get along. Not at all. How boring that would be! But it does suggest the benefit of being thoughtful and understanding in our communications rather than emotionally shooting from the hip. And it does suggest that the more the dentist persists in drilling the same hole, the more the patient forgets there's a cavity and focuses on the irritation the repetitive drilling is causing.

While this message is intended to be relevant to the general theme of this thread, it is absolutely not targeting any specific post(s) in this thread.

Best to all,

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Pumpsie Green Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:28 pm

bobc33 wrote:Pumpsie,

You are right, and I too believe that he really did post it.

My post was simply a hasty reaction to seeing "I" 18 times in SD's post, he has every right to back up his previous posts.

No worries. I think it was pretty insightful on his part to have noticed the signs of the team's lethargy three month ago, lethargy that is obvious to anyone with eyes now.
I don't see an answer to this. Its very hard (not impossible) to change course and will your body to play hard for 48 minutes. Frankly, I think that a lot of guys are just satisfied with the ring they did earn; others, guys like Wallace, are just not as good as I thought they were. Not that its all bad: Rondo plays GREAT in spurts; Perk did earlier in the year too. And I really like Daniels' game even though his eyes make him look asleep out there. And Ray Allen is giving everything he has; so is KG. My choices for culprits in all this are Rondo, Perk. Pierce (yeah, Pierce-not dominating like he can when he is not injured), Davis, and, of course, Wallace, whose game I hate. Too early to make any judgements about Nate.
Pumpsie Green
Pumpsie Green

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:50 am

How Right Does One Have To Be? Cza0955l
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:07 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:How Right Does One Have To Be? Cza0955l

Beautiful!

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:26 pm

sdceltsfan,

Just because posters disagree with you doesn't mean they don't respect you. It might be just an unwillingness to accept your "verdict" because they consider it premature. People who predict that the Celtics WILL not go far in the playoffs based upon their current state are making assumptions, such as "what is" in Feb/Mar is "what will be" in April/May.

Some people are just in denial. They don't want to believe. Nothing you can do about them.

Your body of work speaks for itself, you don't need others to prop it up.

Relax. Listen to some Bob Marley. Nobody's trying to "put you in your place" here.

bob (not Marley)
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:48 pm

sd

I have the utmost respedct for you and all on this board.

HOWEVER I also wish to look as much as possible on the positive side of things.

In my opinion you are too negative and even if your earlier thoughts are correct and backed up makes no difference to my feelings.
Nothing personal but I am by nature a glass half full person and I guess will always be.

When working with probationers sometimes it is really tough to come up with positives about them to make them feel a little better about themselves. Especially when depression and alcohol and other drugs start crawling into the equation.

As for the C's I agree we are no where near where we should be or need to be but rather than going deep into out faults, I'd much rather look at what we do have going for us.

Anyway just one persons opinion.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:56 pm

bobheckler wrote:.

Relax. Listen to some Bob Marley. Nobody's trying to "put you in your place" here.

bob (not Marley)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LanCLS_hIo4

Bob Marley Three Little Birds Lyrics

"Don't worry about a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right.
Singin': "Don't worry about a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right!"

Rise up this mornin',
Smiled with the risin' sun,
Three little birds
Pitch by my doorstep
Singin' sweet songs
Of melodies pure and true,
Sayin', ("This is my message to you-ou-ou:")

Singin': "Don't worry 'bout a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right."
Singin': "Don't worry (don't worry) 'bout a thing,

Rise up this mornin',
Three little birds
Pitch by my doorstep
Singin' sweet songs
Sayin', "This is my message to you-ou-ou:"

Singin': "Don't worry about a thing, worry about a thing, oh!
Every little thing gonna be all right. Don't worry!"
Singin': "Don't worry about a thing" - I won't worry!
"'Cause every little thing gonna be all right."

'Cause every little thing gonna be all right" - I won't worry!
Singin': "Don't worry about a thing, oh no!
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right!

yah mon, regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:05 pm

NYCelt wrote:
bobheckler wrote:.

bob (not Marley)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LanCLS_hIo4

Bob Marley Three Little Birds Lyrics

"Don't worry about a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right.

Rise up this mornin',
Three little birds
Pitch by my doorstep
Singin' sweet songs
Sayin', ("This is my message to you-ou-ou:")

Singin': "Don't worry 'bout a thing,
Singin': "Don't worry (don't worry) 'bout a thing,

Rise up this mornin',
Three little birds
Pitch by my doorstep
Singin' sweet songs
Sayin', "This is my message to you-ou-ou:"

Singin': "Don't worry about a thing, worry about a thing, oh!
Every little thing gonna be all right. Don't worry!"
Singin': "Don't worry about a thing" - I won't worry!
"'Cause every little thing gonna be all right."

'Cause every little thing gonna be all right" - I won't worry!
Singin': "Don't worry about a thing, oh no!
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right!

yah mon, regards

nycelt,

Yah mon, everyting is cool Iray.

Over the past two years, I've had to deal with some hard times with my mother. Some days were pretty tough. She had a jamaican aide, who became family over the years. Sometimes, on the bad days, one of us would start singing this song and the other would chime in. It always cheered us up and got us through.

Thanks, for and from me,

Positive Vibrations!!

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:13 pm

Bob,

Maybe there's a little Rasta in all of us.

I hope you are doing well.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum