Raptors-Celtics possibility: Sign & Trade for Chris Bosh during offseason?

4 posters

Go down

Raptors-Celtics possibility: Sign & Trade for Chris Bosh during offseason? Empty Raptors-Celtics possibility: Sign & Trade for Chris Bosh during offseason?

Post by Brandon$$ Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:23 pm

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Chris Bosh will have a similar decision to make this summer, and McGrady - who like Bosh began his career in Canada - can see the All-Star forward skipping town. "He's been here for quite some time now," McGrady said. "He personally has been successful. The team really hasn't done that much. Maybe he wants to start off fresh with another franchise. Or maybe he's doing it for tax reasons. "I'm not speaking (for) Chris Bosh. I'm just saying, the individual that wants to move on . . . there are different reasons why a guy wouldn't want to play (in Toronto)." New York Daily News

According to a league source, the Raptors believe that if Bosh doesn't return they would consider using him in a sign-and-trade. In fact, any deal with the Knicks would likely have to include free-agent-to-be David Lee. New York Daily News

"Our intention is to keep him long term," Colangelo said. "We've made changes to our team with him in mind, and knowing there would be flexibility on his part, with the intention to retain him and have him re-sign here." New York Post

"The [trade] rumors were conjured up by people thinking we would panic and make a deal because of speculation he was leaving," Colangelo added. Asked if he felt very strongly Bosh is going nowhere, Colangelo backed off slightly, "I'm not going to predict anything. I don't know if Chris knows what he's going to do right now. There's a few other key free agents I think don't know what they're doing right now." New York Post

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Living out here in Toronto, I've been following the Raptors for quite some time now, and CB4 is really making strides as a superstar in the NBA. He's a beast on offense.

It would be pretty good if we could get him in Celtic green!

A core of Rondo, Chris Bosh, & Kendrick Perkins... Raptors-Celtics possibility: Sign & Trade for Chris Bosh during offseason? Bom
Brandon$$
Brandon$$

Back to top Go down

Raptors-Celtics possibility: Sign & Trade for Chris Bosh during offseason? Empty Re: Raptors-Celtics possibility: Sign & Trade for Chris Bosh during offseason?

Post by gyso Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:38 pm

Brandon,

We could use Ray Allen for the sign-and-trade. Other than that, it would have to be Pierce or KG.

Bosh would get, lets say 17mil, because that is what he is walking away from. Ray may get 12mil, just for argument sake. The difference would be 5mil.

We would have to throw in another player, Glen Davis, for example, to get the salaries to match. Another possibility is to include Scal in a sign-and-trade to go with Ray.

Both Ray and Scal have full Bird rights during the off-season.

So it's doable.

gyso
gyso
gyso

Back to top Go down

Raptors-Celtics possibility: Sign & Trade for Chris Bosh during offseason? Empty Re: Raptors-Celtics possibility: Sign & Trade for Chris Bosh during offseason?

Post by Jerry Tarkanian Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:51 am

While perhaps doable.....it is highly unlikely. The value of RA does not even come close to that of Bosh, no one will pay Ray $12 M at his age coupled with diminishing stats, and the C's can be outmatched in a potential deal by all but a couple of teams in the league. KG is not trade-able with his injury concerns and the trade value of PP is not great either.

Tark
Jerry Tarkanian
Jerry Tarkanian

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:24 am

Something a little off topic that I have been wondering about for a while..

Is a team better off with one player like Bosh and then low salary players or lets say Gerald Wallace + Jameer Nelson?

I am not so sure I am in favor of the superstar way of going. Is there some reason why teams seem to look at the franchise players more than "value players"?

Are those players only "value players" because they have not had their pay day yet?

I just get amazed sometimes when i look at the salaries at hoopsworld and the such and you see who makes what money on the teams.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down