willjr
Outside
sinus007
dbrown4
NYCelt
tjmakz
10 posters

Go down

Should Miami trade Chris Bosh? Empty Should Miami trade Chris Bosh?

Post by tjmakz Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:33 pm

Below is an interesting article about breaking up Miami's 'Big 3'.

It is a very good article that I agree with but there is no way Houston for Scola or Cleveland for Varajeo would take Bosh's contract.
Plus, Miami traded away almost all of their draft picks in the sign and trades for Bosh and LeBron.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Chris-Bosh-may-not-fit-with-LeBron-James-Dwyane-Wade-Miami-Heat-Big-Three-Dennis-Rodman-110810
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Should Miami trade Chris Bosh? Empty Re: Should Miami trade Chris Bosh?

Post by NYCelt Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:55 pm

Dunno TJ.

My personal opinion is this guy had to fill up some column space and this was what he came up with to beat the deadline.

Way too early in the season to draw conclusions like this one.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:08 pm

NYCelt,

I agree with the idea that Miami doesn't have a tough guy/rebounder.
Even more so will this be apparent in the half court offense in the playoffs.
Yes, it is way too early to write this article but he makes some good points.
BTW-ESPN just came out with their new power rankings and Miami is #1...
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:53 pm

We're going to see how big Pat's ego is and how soon he can admit he made a mistake and change it. I personally hope it takes 6 years to figure it out. OK, 7. But a disastrous run in this year's playoffs will be a good start.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:57 pm

tjmakz wrote:NYCelt,

I agree with the idea that Miami doesn't have a tough guy/rebounder.
Even more so will this be apparent in the half court offense in the playoffs.
Yes, it is way too early to write this article but he makes some good points.
BTW-ESPN just came out with their new power rankings and Miami is #1...

TJ,

Do you wonder if that power ranking has anything to do with the number of Miami games on ESPN's schedule?
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:02 pm

NYCelt,

I normally don't think that way but that is good food for thought.
Hollinger probably didn't want to answer a call from LeBron or one of his 'Employees' about putting them lower then #1.
I could blast them for not putting LA #1 but I kind of like LA being in the background with all of the attention on Miami.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:03 pm

TJ,
With all due respect, this article is crap. The only opinion I agree with is that Bosh is too soft for PF. But anybody who follows NBA knows that.
Thanks to salary cap Mia could afford only 2.5 stars. I think that Pat Riley is well aware of their shortcomings and will try to swing some kind of trade for a decent C and/or PG.
IMHO, no matter who they'll get, Bosh and/or somebody else, their main problem is 2 stars that are not compatible. I don't want to go into details - it's been discussed ad nauseum.
As for ESPN rankings, they'd rank Mia #1 even if they were 4-4: too much is invested in this new "king of the hill".
Personally, I'm dreaming of 4-2 Boston over LA in June. You, I bet, hope for the opposite result Laughing

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:18 pm

Sinus,

This article is crap because it is written in November.
The points about not have a tough guy (Rambis/Garnett, Rodman, Mahorn, etc.) are vaild points.
I also agree that Bosh is soft and is not a superstar. He was a good player on a bad team. He took as many shots as he wanted to and played enough minutes to accumulate good stats.
It will not be easy to add a tough center this trade deadline. I can't think of one guy that is worth adding. (Maybe Okafor, maybe Elton Brand who is really a PF...)
Miami will get destroyed by Howard in the playoffs because Miami's PF and C's are not physical players. Shaq too will have his way with them if he is healthy.
Miami also has 2 problems trying to get a decent player at the trade deadline.
1) They have no draft picks left to trade in upcoming years.
2) Only 3 players on their team have high salaries. They couldn't keep the 'Big 3' and trade enough players to take back comparable salaries even for a player like Okafor who is making $11.5m.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:23 pm

Q: Should Miami trade Chris Bosh?
A: No.

Really? Trade Bosh based on seven games? Jason Whitlock writes some interesting stuff from time to time, but this article's objective apparently is to propose a radical idea in order to generate hits. Mission accomplished.

Now back to our regularly scheduled ESPN-Heat bashing, which is already in progress...
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:25 pm

Outside,

Everyone knows Bosh isn't being traded. I took the article as an example of why Bosh is not a good fit for Miami.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:41 pm

tjmakz wrote:Outside,

Everyone knows Bosh isn't being traded. I took the article as an example of why Bosh is not a good fit for Miami.
Fair enough. But he is who he is, and Pat Riley knew that before he signed him. The onus is therefore on the Miami brain trust to implement a system that allows all three of their new stars, including Bosh, to be successful. If they can't do that, then Pat Riley's "genius" rating needs to be re-evaluated.

It should be obvious to anyone that Miami is overloaded on the perimeter and lacks any sort of powerful post presence. That's the deal they signed up for when they signed these three guys, and it shouldn't be a mystery that this will be Miami's biggest weakness in the playoffs (and that's why I think the Celtics are clearly the favorite to come out of the East). Trust me, my son and I have Bosh on one of our fantasy teams, and to say we're disappointed in his rebounding numbers is putting it mildly, so I understand the situation. But putting blame on Bosh for Miami's lack of a power game is disingenuous.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by willjr Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:53 pm

I was never concerned about Bosh going to the Heat, even before the nameless one took his ego to South Beach. At the beginning of the free agent period my thinking was that the Heat would be much better served by signing Carlos Boozer and a couple of mid level players than maxing out Bosh. Lets face it, this guy is just a taller less talented Vince Carter or Tracy Macgrady. The fact that they are all former Raptors is just a coincidence. I mean that he (they) put up big numbers and all star game appearances while being "franchise players" but never did they make their teams anything better than SLIGHTLY above average. The Raptors will basically be the same team record wise this year without him as they were last year with him. I think that Bosh would have been much better off going to the western conference where his less physical style would have been more effective. He would have been great in Houston (his home town) where Yao, Scola,Miller, Battier and Hayes could have made up for his lack of physicality and his outside game would have complemented those players and the PG skills of Aaron Brooks. That being said, the eye test tells me that he was actually made to be a Mike D'antonio era Phoenix Sun
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:38 pm

No way you Trade Bosh

Bosh is a stud. He is the one making the most sacrafices to fit into the big 3 experiment. Check out his FA this year. He is only averaging 11.3 shots per game compared to 16.5 last year.

The two problems with Miami are (1) They need a PG to distribute the basketball (right now 2 guys dominate the game ) and (2) decent center

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:27 pm

Great win for Utah at Miami tonight.
That was so much fun to watch.
Miami gave up 42 points in the 4th then 12 in OT with Al Jefferson and Deron Williams on the bench...
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by willjr Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:33 pm

Enjoyed it immensely!!! Until they can improve their roster next season with more contract flexibility and the mid-level exception I don't think that they have a prayer against a healthy Laker or Celtic team.
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:49 pm

McHale just said thats the blueprint to beat Miami,just pound them inside.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:42 pm

I've decided the Celtics should release Wafer and go after Barron. Therein lies the extent of my personal concern about Miami and Bosh. If he mucks up their system, good. If he doesn't, too bad.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

willjr wrote:Enjoyed it immensely!!! Until they can improve their roster next season with more contract flexibility and the mid-level exception I don't think that they have a prayer against a healthy Laker or Celtic team.

Miami actually led by 8 points (98-90) with 29 seconds to play in the fourth quarter. Hard to believe they could lose that game with that kind of lead and less than a half minute to go.

They'll be an angry team tonight against us. Then again the Celtics aren't too happy about the ending of their last game either. So you'll have two PO'd teams going against each other tonight. Hopefully Shaq can give us 20 minutes and Jermaine can make an appearance, though that might be wishful thinking.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:52 pm

My only concern is that the Miami implosion vs. Utah happened one game before we arrived tonight. While it would be a great, crushing blow to Miami followed by more talk of Pat returning to the sidelines if Boston beats them tonight, I just don't think it's going to happen. Although if Miami thinks MeBall is the solution, then we'll smoke them again. I hope my initial gut is wrong and we trounce them. But someone is going 0-2 after tonight.

Good news is Shaq is back, Delonte is on the horizon. Then, things get interesting.

Please someone, talk some sense into me.

Worried in NC
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:01 pm

dbrown,

Don't get worked up over Miami. Yes, they have talent but they are not the Celtics.
Boston is a deeper team, has more experience, is tougher and is stronger mentally then a group of guys that have been playing together for a handful of games.
Miami might go crazy and beat Boston tonight, but these are victories in November.
Vistories in the Spring is the ultimate goal for you guys.
Keep an even keel brother...
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:12 pm

I'd just prefer the Celtics take the life out of Miami like Russell did time and again. I want Boston to send the message, "You can't beat us...ever. It would be better for you and your egos not to even come to the arena when we are scheduled to play." It starts in the regular season.

I'll try to keep my head on straight.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down