+5
Matty
bobheckler
rambone
kdp59
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Celtics/Pacers - STUDS AND DUDS: PAUL GEORGE, PACERS OUTSHINE CELTICS - Page 2 Empty Re: Celtics/Pacers - STUDS AND DUDS: PAUL GEORGE, PACERS OUTSHINE CELTICS

Post by rambone Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:43 am

Bob, he was saying RJ and Rozier can't be expected to contribute  because they're rookies.

I was simply pointing out that they're already contributing.

But point taken about +/-. It's not a popular stat around here.

Let me just suggest that it wasn't a coincidence that the very game you started actually watching KO on defense, he actually started passing your eye test.

rambone

Back to top Go down

Celtics/Pacers - STUDS AND DUDS: PAUL GEORGE, PACERS OUTSHINE CELTICS - Page 2 Empty Re: Celtics/Pacers - STUDS AND DUDS: PAUL GEORGE, PACERS OUTSHINE CELTICS

Post by dboss Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:14 am

rambone wrote:Bob, he was saying RJ and Rozier can't be expected to contribute  because they're rookies.

Let me just suggest that it wasn't a coincidence that the very game you started actually watching KO on defense, he actually started passing your eye test.

Rambone...'he said" +/-

Considering that both you and me like Hunter, that agreement mirrors our single and most important conclusion about him.

maybe if I did a better job explaining what I meant, you would not have felt so compelled to totally misrepresent what I posted. Let me try to explain what I meant. Our first rounds picks were not elite level draft picks in terms of when they were drafted. Because of that no one should expect them to contribute. This was not intended to be a condemnation of the way they are playing.

I would think that if you avoid blowing by exits signs and take the time to really consider the opinions of other board members, the quality and substance of your thoughts would be better appreciated..... after all we are not communists.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by rambone Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:25 am

Thanks dboss. I think I might have a personality disorder or something. As such I'm always crossing that line of civility that Sam strictly enforced, and that I hate to not live up to.

I'll post a little more sparingly for a while without burning any (more) bridges here.

Go Celts!

rambone

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:29 am

rambone wrote:Bob, he was saying RJ and Rozier can't be expected to contribute  because they're rookies.

rambone,

Thank you for your recognition of my point.  There's plenty of other things to talk about.  I enjoy your enthusiasm.  I think you're a little over the top sometimes but this is an online Celtic sports board and you (and the rest of us) are fans and so enthusiasm, optimism and hope are normal, expected and sometimes necessary (like when the team and/or players are struggling a bit).  Expecting some eyes to roll for posters perceived as being too optimistic is just as reasonable as expecting some eyes to roll for posters perceived as being too pessimistic.  Difference of opinions are what make for interesting sports boards.  As long as posters don't make disagreements personal and can back up their positions, which you certainly do try to do regularly, and don't obsess then we should be able to steer a happy middle course for everyone here.  This code of behavior does not apply solely to you, of course.  It is the code of behavior laid down by Sam.  Just because he is gone doesn't mean it can, should or will be discarded.  Another point made by me, I hope.  So far, the mods have not had a discussion about any of this (at least not one I've been asked to join yet).  I am hoping it doesn't become necessary and we continue to responsibly self-govern ourselves individually.  

Go Celtics!!

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:10 pm

Like I said, no need for Trump impersonations here.

Regarding Hunter, as the song goes - "Players gonna play, play, play.."
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2