Report: Carmelo Anthony Trade ‘Doesn’t Fit’ Celtics’ Timeline, System

+3
NYCelt
dboss
bobheckler
7 posters

Go down

Report: Carmelo Anthony Trade ‘Doesn’t Fit’ Celtics’ Timeline, System Empty Report: Carmelo Anthony Trade ‘Doesn’t Fit’ Celtics’ Timeline, System

Post by bobheckler Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:59 pm

http://nesn.com/2015/12/report-carmelo-anthony-trade-doesnt-fit-celtics-timeline-system/

Report: Carmelo Anthony Trade ‘Doesn’t Fit’ Celtics’ Timeline, System

by Ben Watanabe on Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 12:14PM14,298

As the Boston Celtics continue their up-and-down play, fans and pundits can’t resist wishing for the elusive superstar to lead the team back to prominence, despite the squad’s obvious improvement under coach Brad Stevens.

Yet while many people remain focused on DeMarcus Cousins or Kevin Durant, longshot additions via trade and free agency, respectively, they might be overlooking the player many executives reportedly consider a perfect fit for the Celtics: Carmelo Anthony.

Anthony is about as popular in Boston as a weatherman forecasting snow, but “the Celtics could acquire Anthony, their alleged go-to guy, without hurting their current team,” writes ESPN.com’s Zach Lowe. Merely speculating — although Lowe’s speculation is generally reliable, particularly relating to the Celtics — Lowe pegs a package built around David Lee and the Brooklyn Nets’ 2016 first-round pick as enough to get the Knicks thinking.

Still, it doesn’t sound like the Celtics and Knicks have discussed a deal, according to Lowe, who adds Anthony “doesn’t fit (Boston’s) developmental timeline — or Brad Stevens’ pass-happy style of play.”

Diehard Celtics fans likely are glad to hear that. Anthony’s never been a favorite among ticketholders on Causeway Street, and the outside chance Brooklyn’s pick could net LSU stud Ben Simmons is probably too much to swap for the tail end of Anthony’s prime. Anthony is far from a pushover, however, and adding one of the elite scorers in the NBA to a scrappy and defense-oriented unit could immediately vault the Celtics into Eastern Conference contention.

Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge has never been one to stand pat when there is a deal to be made, so don’t rule out a move — for Anthony or anyone else — at the moment you least expect it.

bob
MY NOTE: Please do not make this trade, Danny! We can do better with Brooklyn's pick than a 31 year old who has had injuries limiting his play for a few years now. Kristaps Porzingis for the pick +++, Hell yeah, but Melo? No thanks.

There is another rumor/report coming out that there is a trade brewing between Brooklyn and Boston for Brook Lopez. Personally, I'm thinking this is, once again, just the NY media trying to generate some excitement for their teams like they tried to do when they were suggesting we trade Rondo to the Knicks for a bag of aging spare parts.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Report: Carmelo Anthony Trade ‘Doesn’t Fit’ Celtics’ Timeline, System Empty Re: Report: Carmelo Anthony Trade ‘Doesn’t Fit’ Celtics’ Timeline, System

Post by dboss Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:44 pm

I am sure the Knicks would love to dump Carmelo if they could get away with it.

This is an I have nothing better to write about article.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Report: Carmelo Anthony Trade ‘Doesn’t Fit’ Celtics’ Timeline, System Empty Re: Report: Carmelo Anthony Trade ‘Doesn’t Fit’ Celtics’ Timeline, System

Post by NYCelt Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:17 pm

Have to agree; an article written for the sake of filling space.

Carmelo Anthony doesn't seem to fit in with the Celtics direction in any way at all. Good.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by wide clyde Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:36 am

Please, no trade of anything but used practice balls for Anthony unless NY pays almost his entire salary for whatever the length of his contract might be.

wide clyde

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:51 am

not only does Anthony appear washed up at 31YO, but he has FOUR more years on his MAX contract!!

frankly I wouldn't want that contract albatross for anything.

now the "rumors" that Noel (Phil) and DeRozen(Tor) are on the block, does interest me.

Noel- Quick, rim protector with good hands for steals as well. I touted him this off-season as a guy I though Danny should have tried to get. Could fit very well with Sully and has some local ties I believe. he IS a string bean, but seems to hold his own on the boards , though with a BAD Philly team. not a lot on the offensive end except short shots and put backs, but IF Ainge would want him, it would be for his ability at the other end.
We could send them Amir and his one year deal or Jerebko (they have the cap space) and a first next year. Trouble is Philly would want the coveted Nets pick next season in any deal. IF they would take our pick or the Mavs pick I would jump on it.

DeRozen- Third year in a row he's averaging over 20pt/G, However he is NOT a good 3 point shot , even at 26YO now. has a player option for next season at $9.5M that his agent has said he will pass on. He may think he is a MAX player. That would be a BIG red flag for me before making any trade. He IS a high volume scoring wing at the right age group and size.
any deal would probably cost us Bradley and another piece say Kelly O-----Canada.
I would jump on DeRozen for Kelly and Thomas in a heartbeat, but I think Ainge would have to sweeten with another one of our first rounders.

how does a roster something like this look:

C/PF-Noel
PF/C-Sully
PF-Lee
C-Zeller
PF-Mickey
PF/SF- Jerebko
SF-Crowder
SF/SG- DeRozen
SF/SG-Young
SF/PG- Turner
SG-Bradley
PG-Smart
PG-Rozier
SG-Hunter
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:29 am

Hi,
I'd take 'Melo only if it brings KD next year.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:58 pm

So, precisely how would Carmelo be an upgrade to a system predicated on team basketball? Lol.
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down