What to do with David Lee?

5 posters

Go down

What to do with David Lee? Empty What to do with David Lee?

Post by wideclyde Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:46 am

His season in Boston has been a total flop although getting him for Gerald Wallace was not a terrible deal.  His performances do not look good to the 'eye test' and his statistical performances, in everything that I have seen, even make him look worse than his eye test failures.

He is not the reason for any one of the team's losses, but he has done way less than expected to help this year's team to the point that he does not even get into games no matter what the score or what the situation.  One would almost have to think that Jordan Mickey is likely to get a minute or two between now and the trade deadline before  Lee, and Mickey does not even dress for most games even when not injured.

Time for Mr. Lee to move on.  Although he has not publicly caused any 'issues', just having him hanging around and never playing has to be a burden on the other players and the coaching staff.

Certainly, his name is mentioned in almost every trade rumor mostly as a way to make NBA salaries 'work' and just about any such trade will move him on to another team.   No one can blame Ainge for holding onto the value of Lee's expiring contract, but what if Ainge decides to not make a deal and keep his current roster in place until the end of the season?

How about offering Lee a contract 'buy out' right after the trade deadline passes if he is still a member of the team?  It will save the Cs some money, open up a roster space and gives Lee a chance to perhaps hook on with another team in hopes of re-starting his career.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

What to do with David Lee? Empty Re: What to do with David Lee?

Post by bobheckler Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:08 pm

Clyde,

I would not be surprised if David Lee is bought out soon after the trade deadline is past. I don't see how it will save any money, you still have to pay him, but it will free up an active roster slot for Mickey.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:19 pm

bobheckler wrote:Clyde,

I would not be surprised if David Lee is bought out soon after the trade deadline is past.  I don't see how it will save any money, you still have to pay him, but it will free up an active roster slot for Mickey.

bob

Bob,

Lee could agree to take $1m or $2m less as a buyout.
The new team has to pay him the pro-rated Veteran Minimum which would help recoup some of this lost money.
If Boston wasn't a playoff contender, I think Lee would probably want to go to a contender, but since Boston has a chance to finish in the top half of the East, I'm not so sure Lee will want to agree to take less money.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:37 pm

Guess all the BS about him being a point forward is no longer a theme.

DA wants to use Lee's contract in a trade. If he cannot get what he wants I sure hope he lets him walk and frees up $15 million.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:16 pm

Could we get a bag of donuts for him in return?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down