Rondo shooting three pointers better than Avery Bradley and Isaiah Thomas

+2
sinus007
steve3344
6 posters

Go down

Rondo shooting three pointers better than Avery Bradley and Isaiah Thomas Empty Rondo shooting three pointers better than Avery Bradley and Isaiah Thomas

Post by steve3344 Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:40 am

Rondo actually shooting threes better than Bradley and Isaiah:

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4149/

Rondo 36.4% this year, Bradley 35.5%, Isaiah 35%. Pretty funny.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Rondo shooting three pointers better than Avery Bradley and Isaiah Thomas Empty Re: Rondo shooting three pointers better than Avery Bradley and Isaiah Thomas

Post by sinus007 Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:40 am

Hi,
Probably somebody challenged him a la connect-4....

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Rondo shooting three pointers better than Avery Bradley and Isaiah Thomas Empty Re: Rondo shooting three pointers better than Avery Bradley and Isaiah Thomas

Post by Outside Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:27 am

Rondo has obviously done pretty well shooting threes, but Bradley and Thomas shoot a little under six of them each game while Rondo shoots a little over two, and many (most? all?) of Rondo's are uncontested because teams leave him open on the perimeter.

There are six Kings who shoot more threes than Rondo, including Demarcus Cousins, who shoots 3.4 per game. Why they don't have Omri Casspi shooting more threes is beyond me, because he shoots 49.9% on only 4.4 attempts per game. That guy can shoot.

For the curious, Rondo is shooting 57.4% on free throws, which while better than last year's horrendous 39.7% is slightly below his career average of 60.7%. His three-point percentage is easily a career best.

I don't think Rondo's getting invited to the three-point contest anytime soon. Unless, like Sinus says, Connect Four is involved.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:34 am

Outside wrote:Rondo has obviously done pretty well shooting threes, but Bradley and Thomas shoot a little under six of them each game while Rondo shoots a little over two, and many (most? all?) of Rondo's are uncontested because teams leave him open on the perimeter.

There are six Kings who shoot more threes than Rondo, including Demarcus Cousins, who shoots 3.4 per game. Why they don't have Omri Casspi shooting more threes is beyond me, because he shoots 49.9% on only 4.4 attempts per game. That guy can shoot.

For the curious, Rondo is shooting 57.4% on free throws, which while better than last year's horrendous 39.7% is slightly below his career average of 60.7%. His three-point percentage is easily a career best.

I don't think Rondo's getting invited to the three-point contest anytime soon. Unless, like Sinus says, Connect Four is involved.

outside,

Bingo. 2.2 wide-open 3pt fgas/game vs a ton more of contested ones by the others.

This being the case, what they should do is not fall off him quite so much, stay close enough to provide some challenge on the shot, but not get up close enough for him to blow past them. If they foul him on the 3pt fga, fine. He's still only shooting 57.4% from the line. That's below even his pathetic career ft% of 60.7%. Unless I'm abusing my math, the chances of his hitting all 3 ftas is 18.9% and his chance of hitting even 2 of 3 is 32.9%.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:32 pm

Years ago during an All Star weekend Rondo and Durant were finalists in the HORSE event. Due to time constraints they settled it by shooting threes. Durant was his usual outstanding self nailing three after three after three..... What was amazing was Rondo stayed right with him as he nailed three after three after three..... Eventually Durant won, but people were shocked at how well Rondo shot the three.

Somewhere in the deep, dark recesses of Rondo's head is the ability to shoot well.

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:34 pm

Rondo has taken 99, AB has taken 251 and IT4 has taken 286 three point shots.

IT4 has made more than Rondo has taken.

36.4% vs. 35.5% vs. 35%.

Rabbits must be on the menu, because someone is splitting hares.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:35 pm

gyso wrote:Rondo has taken 99, AB has taken 251 and IT4 has taken 286 three point shots.

36.4% vs. 35.5% vs. 35%.

Coniglio Cacciatore! My favorite!!

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:38 pm

bobheckler wrote:
gyso wrote:Rondo has taken 99, AB has taken 251 and IT4 has taken 286 three point shots.

36.4% vs. 35.5% vs. 35%.

Coniglio Cacciatore!  My favorite!!

Is that Welsh? LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:42 pm

gyso wrote:
bobheckler wrote:

36.4% vs. 35.5% vs. 35%.

Coniglio Cacciatore!  My favorite!!

Is that Welsh?  LOL

gyso,

Just a rare bit of it.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down