Interesting roundup to last night's games and thanks to Portland for beating the Nets

2 posters

Go down

Interesting roundup to last night's games and thanks to Portland for beating the Nets Empty Interesting roundup to last night's games and thanks to Portland for beating the Nets

Post by steve3344 Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:08 am

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2619155-tuesday-nba-roundup-nobody-wants-to-face-damian-lillard-blazers-out-west?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Interesting roundup to last night's games and thanks to Portland for beating the Nets Empty Re: Interesting roundup to last night's games and thanks to Portland for beating the Nets

Post by Outside Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:05 am

I am stunned at how well Portland is doing. Along with a lot of other people, I thought they would be contenders for a top spot in the lottery, not the playoffs.

The article mentions that they lost LaMarcus Aldridge, but that's selling it short -- they lost four of their starting five from last year -- Aldridge, Nic Batum, Wes Matthews, and Robin Lopez -- plus sub Arron Afflalo, and CJ McCollum was a second-year player who scored 424 points all season. Their big acquisitions this off-season were signing journeymen Al-Farouq Aminu, Gerald Henderson, and Ed Davis.

To me, CJ McCollum is a lock for most improved player, and Terry Stotts is a lock for coach of the year. It is amazing that Stotts has turned this group into a playoff team. It's one of the great stories of this season.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down