Interesting chart.........expected wins over the next 32 games.

+2
Shamrock1000
gyso
6 posters

Go down

Interesting chart.........expected wins over the next 32 games. Empty Interesting chart.........expected wins over the next 32 games.

Post by beat Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:35 am

Check this out.
Attachments
Interesting chart.........expected wins over the next 32 games. Attachment
next 32 games.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(46 Kb) Downloaded 10 times
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Interesting chart.........expected wins over the next 32 games. Empty Re: Interesting chart.........expected wins over the next 32 games.

Post by Shamrock1000 Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:04 am

Interesting. Where di you get this? Did they simply look at the records of future opponents, and give the win to whomever has the better record? That would seem reasonable; the "unexpected" wins and losses would probably balance out. Anyhow, looks like the Celtices will finish ~15 or so games over 0.500. I can live with that.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Interesting chart.........expected wins over the next 32 games. Empty Re: Interesting chart.........expected wins over the next 32 games.

Post by gyso Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:13 am

Interesting chart.........expected wins over the next 32 games. Next_310

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:20 am

Another interesting thing to consider: the Celtics have the 5th best point differential in the whole league, and 2nd best in the east. That is the sign of strong team.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:25 am

Shamrock

my Syracuse connection sent it to me this morning. I wanted to just post it as a photo but being at my work computer I can't. Only recourse was to show it as an attachment.

Probably based solely on the records of those teams right now but does sure look like a favorable schedule and a chance to move up into the top 4 in the east.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:38 am

21-11 seems like a possibility however that record probably does not contemplate any major injuries.  

I think the MVP for the Celtics is (I cannot believe I am saying this)  none other than Jae Crowder.  We may have depth to cover other positions but his worked at the SF has been really impressive.

dboss

Last edited by dboss on Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:01 pm

dboss
I'm sure it reflects no injuries for any team. That said we have a pretty good bench and our bench has the 6th best average ppg.

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/teamstats/16/7/pts/1-1

And I agree right now I'd pick Crowder as our MVP.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:09 pm

beat

No doubt our bench is remarkably deep and as we have seen there is little or no drop off when one of the players is out.

Marcus has missed the most games and the defense really missed him however overall the team still was competitive. Think about all of the players that have missed a game or two.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:20 pm

21-11 over the next 32 games would take us up to 39-24 with 19 games left.

That would put us on track for 50-51 wins.

This assumes no major injuries.  It also assumes no major trades.  On a team with no superstars what is a "major injury"?  Thomas?  Crowder?  On this team that's about it.  And as far as "no trades" goes, I never assume that with Trader Danny until we are in the hunt for a Championship.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:46 pm

I don't know about how you chart expected wins; you need to play the games.

I do know this much, however…18 - 13 in late December.  18 - 13?  Come On!  Looking at the team realistically, who could have called that one?  This team is nearly half-way to what anyone with an ounce of realism could have projected for their season long win total.

The players are far from a collection of all-stars, and only the guards appear to be a foundation for anything permanent going forward.  So what gives?

Brilliant coaching and strong team play, that's what gives.  Stevens may just be better than what he's given credit for.  I know the East is the weakest of weak sisters, but this team is still outperforming any coherent expectations.  Credit Brad Stevens and his rag-tag bunch.  This is what a strong team effort should look like.  It's been fun to watch, that's for sure.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:55 pm

NYCelt

I just took a look at the schedule from last year. On December 27th we were sitting at 10-18. That's 8 games under .500. The early progress shows a continuation from the later part of last season when Boston went on an improbable run to make the playoffs.

One of the things that I am wary of is how the team plays after some players have been traded and one or more new ones arrive.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down