two long SI articles on the Celtics

3 posters

Go down

two long SI articles on the Celtics Empty two long SI articles on the Celtics

Post by Shamrock1000 Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:41 pm

Found these two long Sports Illustrated articles on the Celtics. They are too long to paste, so I'm just providing the links. The first is from the print form of SI, the second is additional material that didn't make it into the print form. Both are good reads:

http://www.si.com/nba/2016/03/22/boston-celtics-brad-stevens-danny-ainge-isaiah-thomas-jae-crowder

http://www.si.com/nba/2016/03/23/celtics-nets-brad-stevens-danny-ainge-isaiah-thomas-jae-crowder

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

two long SI articles on the Celtics Empty Re: two long SI articles on the Celtics

Post by kdp59 Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:07 am

thanks for the links Shamrock,

nice articles , I liked the parts about this team having ONE focus from the owners to the HC.

seems unusual in today's NBA.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

two long SI articles on the Celtics Empty Re: two long SI articles on the Celtics

Post by bobheckler Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:58 am

Great links, Shamrock.

I've read the first article, that was a good one, but I really liked the 2nd.

What's amazing is that the writer of both of these articles is a self-admitted Washington Wizards fan and, at the end of the 2nd piece, he writes "Without a superstar tying this together, there’s almost no margin for error against a good team. In the playoffs, that becomes a problem.

But that's half the appeal with this season. None of it's finished, but it's all far enough along to start thinking bigger. They have picks... they have cap space… For now, the Celtics combine the two best parts of being a basketball fan. At 7 p.m, you can watch Jae Crowder and Evan Turner throw their bodies all over the floor and win games. Then by 10 p.m., you can dream about all the craziest places to take this over the summer.

As I wrote in the magazine, Stevens probably guarantees a baseline of success regardless of where this goes. But I think I like following this team because of Ainge. He's very smart, and also just crazy enough to keep things interesting."

He sure sounds like one of us, doesn't he?

I thought he did a great job of explaining how the Isaiah Thomas trade last year fits in with the club's philosophy on rebuilding.  He ties the trade that probably took us out of the lottery and shows how truly Boston Celtic it was in nature and approach.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:07 pm

bobheckler wrote:

He sure sounds like one of us, doesn't he?

Thats exactly what I thought. I hate to be self-congratulatory, but people on this board have been making these types of points for over a year now. I know I have learned a ton about the Celtics and hoops in general since I started coming/posting here - I feel lucky to be able to read stuff thats so ahead of the curve....

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down