Evan Turner injury: Boston Celtics wing leaves win with 'bleeding in his eye'

4 posters

Go down

Evan Turner injury: Boston Celtics wing leaves win with 'bleeding in his eye' Empty Evan Turner injury: Boston Celtics wing leaves win with 'bleeding in his eye'

Post by bobheckler Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:46 pm

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2016/04/evan_turner_injury_boston_celt.html

Evan Turner injury: Boston Celtics wing leaves win with 'bleeding in his eye'

Evan Turner injury: Boston Celtics wing leaves win with 'bleeding in his eye' 20069233-mmmain
Los Angeles Lakers forward Kobe Bryant, right, tries to pass the ball under pressure from Boston Celtics guard Evan Turner during the second half of an NBA basketball game, Sunday, April 3, 2016, in Los Angeles. The Celtics won 107-100. (AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill)

Jay King | mjking@masslive.com By Jay King | mjking@masslive.com

on April 04, 2016 at 2:15 AM, updated April 04, 2016 at 2:16 AM

LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Evan Turner had trouble opening his left eye in the Boston Celtics locker room Sunday night after a late-game collision with Los Angeles Lakers big man Julius Randle.

During the final minute of Boston's 107-100 win, Randle raked Turner's eye while the two players fought for a rebound. After a whistle was called elsewhere, Turner writhed on the court for a few seconds before receiving assistance to his feet. The pain was bad enough that he ran into a Staples Center hallway without a look at the Celtics bench, leaving his team with just four players on the court. Turner was in such a hurry to get his eye checked out, apparently, that he didn't notice he was actually headed for the Lakers locker room.

Within moments, Celtics team trainer Ed Lacerte followed Turner into the tunnel as Jonas Jerebko subbed into the game.

"So he's got bleeding in his eye," said Boston head coach Brad Stevens. "They're looking at -- an internist is looking at him right now and we don't know the extent of the injury, but clearly he got some eye poke and hopefully not too much trauma. We'll find out as we stick around here."

No further update was given since Turner left the locker room without addressing the media. Later, he fired out an Instagram post about his excitement to qualify for the playoffs.

bob
MY NOTE:  Forgot about this.  This could be serious.  Turner has been playing well for us.  This might be where we find out whether Marcus Smart and Terry Rozier really can run an NBA offense.  We know they can both defend and rebound, but if Turner is out then our 2nd unit floor general is out.  Who will step up?  From what I've seen Marcus Smart is about as good a point guard as Avery Bradley, which is to say "he isn't", and Rozier is just too green (and not in a good way).

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Evan Turner injury: Boston Celtics wing leaves win with 'bleeding in his eye' Empty Re: Evan Turner injury: Boston Celtics wing leaves win with 'bleeding in his eye'

Post by worcester Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:25 pm

Could this improve Turner's 3 point shooting?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Evan Turner injury: Boston Celtics wing leaves win with 'bleeding in his eye' Empty Re: Evan Turner injury: Boston Celtics wing leaves win with 'bleeding in his eye'

Post by bobheckler Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:27 pm

worcester wrote:Could this improve Turner's 3 point shooting?

Worcester,

Give a new meaning to the phrase "dead eye shooter".

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:39 pm

We're OK if he needs some time.

For the most part...

IT and Rozier at 1
Bradley and Smart at 2
Crowder and Smart at 3

If Turner needs to miss a few to be ready for the playoffs we're in good shape.

Love the "dead eye shooter" comment!
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:51 pm

Lol Bob. I do hope Evan recovers soon. He us our most versatile player and a real asset to the team I wish I could praise Kelly as much. I had such high hopes for him, but he's floundered lately.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:23 pm

I really appreciate the humor on this board, 'dead eye shooter' cracked me up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down