Evan Turner could miss Boston Celtics preseason opener after suffering knee injury in practice

Go down

Evan Turner could miss Boston Celtics preseason opener after suffering knee injury in practice Empty Evan Turner could miss Boston Celtics preseason opener after suffering knee injury in practice

Post by bobheckler Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:25 am

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2015/10/evan_turner_could_miss_boston.html

Evan Turner could miss Boston Celtics preseason opener after suffering knee injury in practice

Print Email Jay King | mjking@masslive.com By Jay King | mjking@masslive.com

on October 05, 2015 at 9:45 AM

Evan Turner's status for the Boston Celtics preseason opener is in jeopardy after he injured his right knee in practice, according to reporters following the team in Italy.

Abby Chin ✔ @tvabby
Evan Turner strained his right knee in practice. Availability for tomorrow is TBD. #Celtics @CSNNE
5:50 AM - 5 Oct 2015
2 2 Retweets 3 3 favorites

The Celtics announced that Turner will be reeavaluated Tuesday before the team opens its preseason schedule against the Italian club Olimpia Milano.

Head coach Brad Stevens hasn't decided on a rotation, but has indicated Turner will be a regular part of it.

"Same place that I saw him fitting in last year: he's a basketball player," Stevens said last week. "And I anticipate he'll find the court a lot and in big moments because he's a basketball player."

bob
MY NOTE:  Assuming the injury isn't serious, I'm ok with this.  In fact, it might even be a blessing in disguise.  Turner is a known quantity.  The guys behind him on the depth chart, other than Crowder, are not.  This will give more minutes to Young and PJ3 and let Brad evaluate them during game time situations.  It's the first pre-season game, not even the last.  There's still lots of time for Turner to get his game rhythm ready for the regular season.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down