Nerlens Noel sued for allegedly trashing rental home

Go down

Nerlens Noel sued for allegedly trashing rental home Empty Nerlens Noel sued for allegedly trashing rental home

Post by gyso Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:39 am

http://www.csnphilly.com/basketball-philadelphia-76ers/nerlens-noel-sued-damage-rental-home-tmz-report?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

Jahlil Okafor isn't the only Sixers' big man who apparently has some growing up to do.

TMZ Sports first reported Friday that Nerlens Noel allegedly trashed a home he leased for a year starting in September 2014 (a month before his first NBA game) and is being sued by the owners of the house. The Sixers' forward paid $54,000 to rent the house for one year, and the lawsuit alleges that he left with significant damage done to the property.

The lawsuit filed against Noel reportedly includes allegations that the 21-year-old caused, among other issues, upwards of $30,000 in damage to carpets with stains from Gatorade as well as water damage and clogged toilets. He's also accused of leaving a broken elevator and damage to the stove, refrigerator, blinds and dishwasher. Additionally, the owners say that Noel left weed throughout the house.

TMZ added that when the owners approached Noel and asked for $42,000 in repairs, a tombstone with the letters "RIP" appeared on the property, and the owners believe Noel was the perpetrator and are considering it a death threat.

The owners now want more than $75,000 from Noel for both repairs and assault thanks to the tombstone. Pictures of the house can be seen on TMZ's website.

Noel isn't the first Sixers' forward to have off-the-court issues brought to light by TMZ. The website posted videos in November and December of Okafor's involvement in at least one altercation outside of a Boston nightclub. Okafor was suspended for two games in December because of the incident and other non-basketball issues, including a reckless driving citation.

In his second NBA season, Noel is averaging 11.0 points, 8.0 rebounds and 1.5 blocks in 63 games for the Sixers.

Back to top Go down

Nerlens Noel sued for allegedly trashing rental home Empty Nerlens Noel mum on lawsuit; Brett Brown 'aware' of situation

Post by gyso Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:40 am

Here's more:

http://www.csnphilly.com/basketball-philadelphia-76ers/nerlens-noel-mum-lawsuit-brett-brown-aware-situation?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

Nerlens Noel was brief when asked about the lawsuit filed against him for allegedly leaving significant damage to a property which he leased.

“It’s an ongoing investigation that I can’t really comment on, but I know the facts will come out,” he said following the Sixers' 109-102 loss to the Knicks (see Instant Replay).

The lawsuit was first reported by TMZ on Friday afternoon. Noel rented a house for a year beginning in September 2014. He is being sued by the owners and accused of trashing the home. They are asking for over $75,000 for repairs and removal of a tombstone with the letters "RIP" that appeared on the property, which the owners believe was placed there as a death threat (see story).

When asked if he was surprised by the lawsuit, Noel replied, “I just know the facts will come out.”

Head coach Brett Brown was aware of the lawsuit prior to the game. He has spoken to Noel about the matter.

“Because it’s my team, because it’s our team, and because they’re 20-whatever years old, you’re always aware of it and you’re always trying to help them,” Brown said. “And so I am aware of what you’re speaking of and we will help him deal with this.”

On Friday night, Noel posted a double-double with 17 points and 10 rebounds in his first start since suffering a right knee contusion. He returned to action Tuesday off the bench after missing six games.

“I felt better,” he said. “Last game I was a little winded and wasn’t feeling like myself. This game was a better comeback game and just continue it on to end the season strong.”

Back to top Go down