steve3344
kdp59
Matty
swish
8 posters

Go down

Thibodeau new Wolves coach Empty Thibodeau new Wolves coach

Post by swish Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:25 pm

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/timberwolves-tom-thibodeau-hired-as-head-coach-042016

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Thibodeau new Wolves coach Empty Re: Thibodeau new Wolves coach

Post by Matty Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:42 pm

Good for thibs. I think he's a better fit for this sort of thing than doc. Best of luck to him except on days he plays the celtics.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:56 pm

Great hire by the Wolves

they are going to be one tough team in a couple years.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:31 pm

kdp59 wrote:Great hire by the Wolves

they are going to be one tough team in a couple years.

Agree 100%.  Looks like a bright future to me.  Some of the other bottom tier clubs are also stocking up on very talented but extremely young players. Down the road, a few years from now, they may have the experience to become major factors in the race for the championship. A lot depends on the ability of the General Manager to hold onto the most talented players until these core players have the mental control of the game needed to take their game to the next level.

swish

Last edited by swish on Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : minor change in wording)

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:14 pm

"The Lakers missed their chance with Thibodeaux"

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/lakers-missed-their-chance-with-tom-thibodeau-211151370.html

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:17 am

Back to where he got his start in the NBA.

Good choice for a talented young team.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:03 am

Sometimes records are fools gold, I'll take that team over ours in a heartbeat!!

Right now that playoff experience from last year did nothing for improving this teams personnel or play on the floor at this time of year.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:48 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:Sometimes records are fools gold, I'll take that team over ours in a heartbeat!!

Right now that playoff experience from last year did nothing for improving this teams personnel or play on the floor at this time of year.

Cow,

How about we wait a year or two to see if it works out?  There have been lots of teams with great talent that just can't pull their heads out of their asses.

If we haven't won a playoff game, they haven't even played one.  WHEN they've played one, then we can look at them and say they've come a long way.  Until then, they are not even the Hawks of the '00s.  Lots of young talent, who even took our Celtics to 7 games in the playoffs, but never put it together enough to even make it to the EC Finals but at least they made the playoffs.

Records, after 82 games, are "fool's gold" but a 2-game sample isn't?  So, not being able to make the playoffs in a league where over half the league makes the playoffs says nothing despite having 10 lottery picks in the last 10 years?  The Timberwolves haven't been in the playoffs since 2003-2004.  We've played more playoff games in the last 2 days than they have in the last 11 years.  100% of the teams that do not make the playoffs do not win the Championship.  100.0000%.

As far as how our playoff experience from last year has carried forward to this year, let's see how we do in Boston tomorrow.  We're down Bradley, KO is out and will no doubt be sub-par if/when he does come back and Jae is also not at full strength.  Sully's play has fallen off the table for weeks now, even before the playoffs began.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:54 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:Sometimes records are fools gold, I'll take that team over ours in a heartbeat!!

I'm with you on this issue c/o. Over the last 3 years my focus has been on the teams success, or lack of success, at adding elite players or players with the elite potential needed to become a serious contender. Hopefully this summer Danny will be able to land at least one elite player(established preferred over potential).

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:54 am

steve3344 wrote:"The Lakers missed their chance with Thibodeaux"

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/lakers-missed-their-chance-with-tom-thibodeau-211151370.html

There's no way the Lakers would have given Thibodeaux the power and control that he now has with Minnesota.
Minnesota is not a real attractive destination for a top coach, so Minnesota had to over pay and give Thibs a lot of control over the team.
I never wanted Thibs as the Lakers coach.
I think he's a great strategist and x's and o's coach, but not very good with the players.
He lost the players in Chicago last year and was fired in a pretty embarrassing way.

My hope for the Lakers future head coach would be Scott Brooks 1st, then Luke Walton 2nd.
I hope Byron Scott is fired sooner, rather than later.
Byron absolutely does not deserve to get another chance coaching this team.
I think they kept Byron on because the Lakers didn't really care about winning games this season and so he could be a part of the Kobe farewell tour.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:04 pm

I would agree that Minnesota has a better roster to build a team around.
LaVine, Wiggins and Towns are 21, 21 and 20 years old.
If they move up to #1 or #2 in the draft and can lock up their SF of the future in Simmons or Ingram or get to #3 and draft Bender, Murray or Hield, that can be a scary starting line up in the future.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:46 pm

swish wrote:

I'm with you on this issue c/o.  Over the last 3 years my focus has been on the teams success, or lack of success, at adding elite players or players with the elite potential needed to become a serious contender. Hopefully this summer Danny will be able to land at least one elite player(established preferred over potential).

swish

right, hustle and chemistry and great coaching only gets you so far, if you don't have the horses, your not gonna do shit. This franchise doesn't need playoff appearances, were the Celtics, we set the mold, we need players/superstars....

Timberwolves are gonna come of age now that Thibs is there IMHO, I would rather have potential all star pieces like Towns and Wiggins to build around then a 0-6 record in the playoffs. I don't mean to bail out on my team, but without AB we shouldn't be this inept.

Last edited by cowens/oldschool on Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:49 pm

tjmakz wrote:

If they move up to #1 or #2 in the draft and can lock up their SF of the future in Simmons or Ingram or get to #3 and draft Bender, Murray or Hield, that can be a scary starting line up in the future.

I very much like their roster, I also like Dieng, you need good role players like him too, I would take him over KO or Zeller anyday.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:42 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:
tjmakz wrote:

I very much like their roster, I also like Dieng, you need good role players like him too, I would take him over KO or Zeller anyday.

I like Zach LaVine too. T-Wolves became the first team in NBA history where their top three scorers were all 21 or younger. I would trade our roster for theirs in a heartbeat. But maybe not our future boatload of draft pics compared to theirs. I'm sure we have a bunch more of those.

Wonder who is going to win a championship first - us or them? But probably neither as long as Curry and Thompson are together on the Warriors or San Antonio is in the league!

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down