Tom Thibodeau Named Coach Of The Year

4 posters

Go down

Tom Thibodeau Named Coach Of The Year Empty Tom Thibodeau Named Coach Of The Year

Post by dboss Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:24 pm

It was a close vote with the Suns' Monty Williams finishing just 11 points behind Thibs.

I always thought that award is too premature. The vote should come after the season is completed so that the quality of coaching during the playoffs and results can be factored in.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Tom Thibodeau Named Coach Of The Year Empty Re: Tom Thibodeau Named Coach Of The Year

Post by Ktron Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:33 pm

I detest all of these silly “best of” awards in everything. It’s so subjectively unbearable. But if they must have em, I agree with dboss. Wait till the circus leaves town.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Tom Thibodeau Named Coach Of The Year Empty Re: Tom Thibodeau Named Coach Of The Year

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:05 pm

You take a team from shite to mediocre and that makes you "the best"?  Yeah, 4th place in the EC is mediocrity by definition.  Gimme a break.

You go into the playoffs with the home court edge and you lose in the first round in 5, the same number of games we lost to a far superior Brooklyn team in without 3 of our starters, and you're COY?!  Yeah, I know the award was decided before the playoffs, but that's proof it's crap.

I probably would have given the award to Utah's Quin Snyder.  His team at least had an excellent regular season in the tougher WC.  What's more, the Jazz at least won one playoff series and is moving on tonight vs LAC.  That's more than Thib's Knicks can claim.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:03 pm

bobheckler wrote:You take a team from shite to mediocre and that makes you "the best"?  Yeah, 4th place in the EC is mediocrity by definition.  Gimme a break.

You go into the playoffs with the home court edge and you lose in the first round in 5, the same number of games we lost to a far superior Brooklyn team in without 3 of our starters, and you're COY?!  Yeah, I know the award was decided before the playoffs, but that's proof it's crap.

I probably would have given the award to Utah's Quin Snyder.  His team at least had an excellent regular season in the tougher WC.  What's more, the Jazz at least won one playoff series and is moving on tonight vs LAC.  That's more than Thib's Knicks can claim.

Bob

Once the circus moves on I think Monte Williams.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:43 am

Don't forget the meteoric rise of Nate McMillan. But after then end of the 3rd and start of the 4th quarter last night, reality may be sinking in for ATL. Curtains are closing.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down