Avery Bradley Named To All-Defense FIRST Team

+3
kdp59
dboss
bobheckler
7 posters

Go down

Avery Bradley Named To All-Defense FIRST Team Empty Avery Bradley Named To All-Defense FIRST Team

Post by bobheckler Wed May 25, 2016 3:26 pm

Just saw it on my Facebook feed.

Congrats, Avery.  That loud thud you just heard was Cowens falling in love all over again.  Lol.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Avery Bradley Named To All-Defense FIRST Team Empty Re: Avery Bradley Named To All-Defense FIRST Team

Post by dboss Wed May 25, 2016 5:34 pm

bobheckler wrote:Just saw it on my Facebook feed.

Congrats, Avery.  That loud thud you just heard was Cowens falling in love all over again.  Lol.

bob

This is the reason why I am perplexed everytime Bradley's name is mentioned in conjunction with some trade.

Great contract for Boston, solid 3 point shooter and top defender. Now go add some more players like this

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Avery Bradley Named To All-Defense FIRST Team Empty Re: Avery Bradley Named To All-Defense FIRST Team

Post by kdp59 Wed May 25, 2016 9:36 pm

he deserves to get it finally. League is always a year or two behind on these types of things. But now he'll probably be a fixture there for years.

and why I keep using Bradley as a key player in getting a "star" player, is because of all the things you said about him dboss. Fact is he might be the most marketable player on our roster now.

IMO, Smart can be everything Bradley is on the defensive end so the additional of said star at Bradley's expense can be handled with the players we have now.

but we can disagree about that for sure.

good to see Bradley get the recognition he deserves finally.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu May 26, 2016 7:12 am

Kdp59

I am surprised that so few board members commented on achievement.

Great defenses are built when you have multiple players that are good defenders.  Bradley, Smart, Crowder all make big contributions.  Take Bradley out of the mix and the defense is not as good.  We should be adding a rim protector  to go along with what we already have.

The Financials on moving Bradley would be questionable.

That star player comes at a price.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Thu May 26, 2016 7:51 am

This is a great achievement for Bradley. His first couple years I thought of him as a trading chip but now consider him to be a cornerstone of the team for a long while.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu May 26, 2016 10:24 am

Matty wrote:This is a great achievement  for Bradley. His first couple years I thought of him as a trading chip but now consider  him  to  be  a  cornerstone of the team for a long while.

Hey Matty how ya doing?

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu May 26, 2016 2:18 pm

Avery is a keeper and deserves high praise. Gritty defender, and then he learned how to shoot.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu May 26, 2016 3:38 pm

Have loved watching him defend for years, this has been overdue, hope he can stay here healthy for a long time.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Thu May 26, 2016 8:28 pm

Great achievement for Avery Bradley! Congrats for well earned recognition.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu May 26, 2016 9:32 pm

The Celts were a very good defensive team last year.

If they can add a rim protector and slide Mickey into the rotation they could become the #1 defensive team in THE NBA.

On offense we just need to add quality depth.  More shooters/scorers.

I really believe we have the assets this off season to address all of these needs.  The most difficult addition will be adding a rim protector.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun May 29, 2016 7:24 pm

Btw, Bradley was the third leading vote-getter behind 2x DPOY Kawhi Leonard and Draymond Green and ahead of fellow 1st teamers CP3 and DeAndre Jordan.

Jae Crowder just missed 2nd team but got more points than The Queen.

Not too shabby.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun May 29, 2016 8:05 pm

CP3 got there by reputation, he is still a great player don't get me wrong, but if I'm scrambling for a possession or key stretch, I'd take Marcus Smart defensively over Paul all day.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:47 pm

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2016/06/brad_stevens_boston_celtics_gu.html#incart_river_index

Brad Stevens: Boston Celtics guard Avery Bradley had 'strong case' for Defensive Player of the Year award

Avery Bradley Clutch Block - Jazz vs Celtics February 29, 2016
Print Email Jay King | mjking@masslive.com By Jay King | mjking@masslive.com
Follow on Twitter
on June 06, 2016 at 7:10 PM

Brad Stevens: Boston Celtics guard Avery Bradley had 'strong case' for Defensive Player of the Year award

WALTHAM -- Brad Stevens may be a bit biased about Avery Bradley's defense, but said he believes the Boston Celtics guard "clearly deserved" his All-Defensive first team selection and could have garnered consideration for an even greater honor.

"I think that you could make a strong case for him to be Defensive Player of the Year or in consideration for that because he is so versatile in his ability to defend guards," Stevens said Monday after the Celtics hosted a pair of pre-draft workouts. "And I think if you polled the guards in the NBA, really 1 (point guards) through 3 (small forwards), Avery's name would come up a lot. So obviously it's against great competition. The guys who got honored all deserve it. But I don't think it's as simple as saying there's one Defensive Player of the Year when you have somebody of Avery's caliber and his ability to impact the game."

Bradley, 25, finished sixth in Defensive Player of the Year voting. For the second straight year, the award went to Kawhi Leonard, who limited playmakers for the top-ranked San Antonio Spurs defense. It's tough to argue against Leonard's length, production and consistency, but Bradley's defense has earned him plenty of respect across the league. Late in the regular season, Portland Trail Blazers star Damian Lillard and backcourt mate C.J. McCollum both called Bradley the NBA's best perimeter defender.

"Because he is," Lillard explained.

ADVERTISING

inRead invented by Teads
"I don't think it's close," McCollum tweeted.

Stevens said he communicated with Bradley after the NBA announced the guard's inclusion on the All-Defensive first team. The coach didn't have any specific update on Bradley's injured hamstring, but said, "He's getting better."

bob
MY NOTE: Truly a thing of beauty, on a player 5" taller.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down