Mahcus Smaht Named First Team All-Defense

+2
Ktron
bobheckler
6 posters

Go down

Mahcus Smaht Named First Team All-Defense Empty Mahcus Smaht Named First Team All-Defense

Post by bobheckler Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:10 pm

Steve Bulpett @SteveBHoop
1 hour ago
Marcus Smart voted first team All-Defensive... again.

Here's how the voting broke down:
Mahcus Smaht Named First Team All-Defense EhbZHA8WkAEKTOB?format=jpg

Rich Levine @rich_levine
1 hour ago
Celtics w consecutive First Team All Defensive seasons: John Havlicek, Paul Silas, Kevin McHale, Kevin Garnett, Rajon Rondo, MARCUS SMART

Chris Forsberg @ChrisForsberg_
1 hour ago
Jayson Tatum got 20 All-Defense second-team votes, was 7th in voting among forwards.

Jaylen Brown got 2 All-Defense second-team votes, was t-10th in voting among guards.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Mahcus Smaht Named First Team All-Defense Empty Re: Mahcus Smaht Named First Team All-Defense

Post by Ktron Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:48 pm

Only 57 votes?? MOrons!!

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Mahcus Smaht Named First Team All-Defense Empty Re: Mahcus Smaht Named First Team All-Defense

Post by dboss Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:28 pm

Well deserving
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:35 am

I would have replaced Adebayo and Bledsoe with 2 J’s, my eye test tells me they are more impactful versatile defenders that you need in today’s game to cover on perimeter and both can defend inside too. Why are we so much better than any team in playoff defense, it’s not all Marcus Smart? I don’t know if Adebayo is even better defender than Theis, we will see in the next round.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:37 am

They should also do all the voting AFTER the playoffs, thats where the most intense defense is needed....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:32 am

Good point, cowens/oldschool. Again, very happy he won that. Certainly has earned it and deserves it. Within the group selected no respect of course. We'll see who's left standing. Glad he plays for us!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:08 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:They should also do all the voting AFTER the playoffs, thats where the most intense defense is needed....

Cow,
True, the most intense defense is during playoffs. But all those "competitions" (1st Defense team, MVP, DPOY, etc) are among players, so all players have to have equal opportunities, i.e. equal number of games, which can only be achieved during the regular season.

As for Smart, I'm glad he's got his well deserved recognition. Especially, after they snubbed him in DPOY voting.
Also, after watching how JB performed (defense) so far, if he plays on the same level next season he must be in Defense team or even DPOY consideration.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:36 am

Who votes for this, the players or fans? It’s a joke that a few years ago Robert Covington made first team all defensive. My eye test tells me he is inferior defensively to 2 J’s in his best year.

They have too many bigs on these teams, is this the 80’s, play a lot of bigs right now, your defense is gonna get exploited?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:44 am

I don't know, cowens/oldschool. In the battle for Old School vs. New School playing out in the WCSF, LAL is up 2-1 respectively. I'm looking forward to the final verdict over the next week.

HOU is slowly dying by the 3...and of course doubling Harden doesn't hurt either! Better pick it up D'antoni!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:57 am

dbrown4 wrote:I don't know, cowens/oldschool.  In the battle for Old School vs. New School playing out in the WCSF, LAL is up 2-1 respectively.  I'm looking forward to the final verdict over the next week.    

HOU is slowly dying by the 3...and of course doubling Harden doesn't hurt either!   Better pick it up D'antoni!  

db

Dude that game was all Rondo, so it was oldschool, lol

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down