wow...take a look at draft express' new mock draft!

+2
arambone
kdp59
6 posters

Go down

wow...take a look at draft express' new mock draft! Empty wow...take a look at draft express' new mock draft!

Post by kdp59 Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:19 am

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2016/

I know Chriss has supposedly been moving up..but to #3?

for those wnating the Celtics skinny only:

#3- M. Chriss- PF- Washington
#16- T. Prince- SF- Baylor ( I do like this pick here if we keep it)
#23- C. Dalio-PF- Kansas

#31- M. Richardson- SG- Syracuse
(for the T. Maker fans, they have him going at #32)
#35- Yabusele- PF- Int
#45- B. Bentil- PF- Providence
#51- P. Ibah- C- Texas
#58- J. Bolomboy- PF- Weber St

Not sure where we could put all those guys, but there you have it...wow!

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

wow...take a look at draft express' new mock draft! Empty Re: wow...take a look at draft express' new mock draft!

Post by arambone Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:44 am

I read a comment somewhere suggesting that since Yahoo acquired draft express, that the mock drafts have been influenced by the "clickbait" mentality.

arambone

Back to top Go down

wow...take a look at draft express' new mock draft! Empty Re: wow...take a look at draft express' new mock draft!

Post by kdp59 Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:54 am

whats' clickbait?
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by arambone Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:56 am

Attention-grabbing content for the sake of getting people to click on it, thus generating more advertising revenue.

DX went corporate when they got acquired by Yahoo. And Yahoo is on the verge of bankruptcy.

arambone

Back to top Go down

Post by arambone Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:57 am

One week ago they moved Jaylen Brown up to #3, then a week later they move him down to #7 and move Criss way up to #3, generating attention like this thread and a million more like it across the internet.

arambone

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:59 am

ahh..got it.

hell I thought EVERYTHING on the web was clickbait then.

perhaps. Chriss at #3 seems like big reach at this point, though I do think he is rising into the top 10.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by arambone Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:18 pm

In 2013 a similar player, Anthony Bennett, went #1 in the draft. Chriss is two inches taller so maybe that makes a big difference, and maybe Criss has much better intangibles than Bennett.

But this kind of one-dimensional, skilled tweener forward generally gets hyped a lot more than their actual impact in the NBA usually merits.

Think Jabari Parker and Julius Randle. Their terrible defense is always dismissed as an afterthought.

Chriss appears to have a better jump shot than those guys, but his agility time at the Combine shows that he has terrible lateral quickness and will probably suck on defense as much as Parker and Randle.

arambone

Back to top Go down

Post by Ram Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:36 pm

arambone wrote:In 2013 a similar player, Anthony Bennett, went #1 in the draft. Chriss is two inches taller so maybe that makes a big difference, and maybe Criss has much better intangibles than Bennett.

But this kind of one-dimensional, skilled tweener forward generally gets hyped a lot more than their actual impact in the NBA usually merits.

Think Jabari Parker and Julius Randle. Their terrible defense is always dismissed as an afterthought.

Chriss appears to have a better jump shot than those guys, but his agility time at the Combine shows that he has terrible lateral quickness and will probably suck on defense as much as Parker and Randle.

That is not an accurate description of the kids skills at all. 

He definitely has a good chance of being a bust and is very raw, but he is not really comparable to those players you mentioned and most scouts feel he has a lot of potential as a rim-protector. Especially as a shot-blocker.
Ram
Ram

Back to top Go down

Post by arambone Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:53 pm

Ram wrote:
arambone wrote:In 2013 a similar player, Anthony Bennett, went #1 in the draft. Chriss is two inches taller so maybe that makes a big difference, and maybe Criss has much better intangibles than Bennett.

That is not an accurate description of the kids skills at all. 

He definitely has a good chance of being a bust and is very raw, but he is not really comparable to those players you mentioned and most scouts feel he has a lot of potential as a rim-protector. Especially as a shot-blocker.

But they also say he has a bad motor, hardly plays defense, never boxes out, and rebounds at a historically low rate.

Anybody who can jump gets the "potential" label, whether they're allergic to defense or not.

arambone

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:00 am

But he has "potential," maybe even more than Bender. Don't we just love "potential?"
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:47 am

arambone wrote:Attention-grabbing content for the sake of getting people to click on it, thus generating more advertising revenue.

DX went corporate when they got acquired by Yahoo. And Yahoo is on the verge of bankruptcy.

arambone,

Yahoo is not on the verge of bankruptcy.  They are in merger talks with assorted suitors, AT&T being one.  Being acquired is not the same thing as going bankrupt.  If it was then Elon Musk's Paypal was going bankrupt when he sold it to eBay and that is just not fact.

The decision to buy Yahoo, and at what price, will not be overly influenced by recent volatility but will instead be based more upon financial fundamentals (e.g. can there be cost savings by eliminating redundant functions?) and how Yahoo's business lines fit in with the acquirer's own strategies moving forward.

I have searched but have no evidence or links that says that Draftexpress is owned by Yahoo, or anybody else.  Their content is syndicated by Yahoo, as well as Hoopshype and others, but their website does not say they are owned by, or are part of, anybody else.  What did you base your statement that "DX went corporate when they were acquired by Yahoo" upon?  

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:08 pm

Speaking of Yahoo, its CEO is the lovely Marissa Myer, which is unfortunate for this reason. In 1980 I met a most beautiful French woman, Marisa Myer, in Athens. We wrote to each other for a while, but then I got caught up with life stateside (marriages, etc.) and lost touch. By the time I was single again and could Google her name, up pops the CEO of Google with thousands of listings. Ah, what could have been.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:12 pm

worcester wrote:Speaking of Yahoo, its CEO is the lovely Marissa Myer, which is unfortunate for this reason. In 1980 I met a most beautiful French woman, Marisa Myer, in Athens. We wrote to each other for a while, but then I got caught up with life stateside (marriages, etc.) and lost touch. By the time I was single again and could Google her name, up pops the CEO of Google with thousands of listings. Ah, what could have been.

Worcester,

You're a babe magnet.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:16 pm

Fortunately I've met my polarity match, and there's so much gauss between us that there's no sticking to anyone else.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:00 pm

The Cs may not strike gold with any player with the #3 pick, but I will be very frustrated with anyone they pick who comes with a "low motor" tag.

If the player with a low motor was a truck, a new motor can actually be purchased and installed by a qualified technician. But, there is no such purchase and installation of player's low motor and there is no amount of potential worth dealing with if it is already attached to said low motor.

I see NO ROOM on the Cs for any guy (especially a young guy) with a bad motor at this point in the rebuild, and cannot imagine Coach Stevens or the other players wanting such a player either.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:26 pm

Who on the present Celts has a low motor? Jeff Green did. He's gone. Rondo did when games weren't on TV. He's gone. Sully's motor barely turns over at times. He'll be gone. Kelly has carburetor problems and sputters. He may be gone. James Young, does he have a motor at all? Going, going, gone. Everyone else on the team runs pedal to the metal, no?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:35 pm

worcester wrote:Fortunately I've met my polarity match, and there's so much gauss between us that there's no sticking to anyone else.

worcester,

When you're full of beans like you it's easy to get a gauss-attack.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:08 pm

Danger lurks when you fly too close to the sun on gaussamer wings.

I had a dream, that I could fly,
On gossamer wings, in the clear blue skies.
Floating above the Earth below,
Going where the air currents chose to go.

I dreamt I soared above the sea,
Just by myself, there was only me.
Watching the sun rise over the brine,
Not one other soul could I find.

I soared over deserts and mountains high,
On my gossamer wings, in the clear blue sky.
And I was alone and feeling free,
But so much loneliness was a part of me.

The last creature on Earth, flying high,
Searching for life, and I started to cry.
What use to me were gossamer wings,
If all over the world, there were no living things.

12/11/10 Alton Texas

Juan Olivarez
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down