Jamal Murray or Buddy Hield?

+3
dboss
tjmakz
NYCelt
7 posters

Go down

Jamal Murray or Buddy Hield

Jamal Murray or Buddy Hield? Vote_lcap33%Jamal Murray or Buddy Hield? Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 3 ]
Jamal Murray or Buddy Hield? Vote_lcap56%Jamal Murray or Buddy Hield? Vote_rcap 56% 
[ 5 ]
Jamal Murray or Buddy Hield? Vote_lcap11%Jamal Murray or Buddy Hield? Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 9

Jamal Murray or Buddy Hield? Empty Jamal Murray or Buddy Hield?

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:11 pm

Ok, here's the terms of the debate:

1.  The #3 pick will not be traded
2.  Danny passes on Bender
3.  Simmons and Ingram are off the table by the time we pick
4.  Marquese Chriss is not an option.
5.  There are no Celtic player trades that would make Kris Dunn a sensible choice
6.  We need a shooter more than an athletic defensive wing, so no Jaylen Brown neither.

Jamal Murray

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Jamal-Murray-71441/

19 years old, 6'4 1/4", 207#, 6'6 1/2" wingspan, 8'1" standing reach, 7.2% body fat, 33 1/2" no step vertical, 39 1/2" max vertical
Projected #8 by DX, #6 by mynbadraft.com, #5 by nbadraft.net, #8 by CBS Sports, #5 Hoopshype

Buddy Hield

22 years old, 6'5", 212#, 6'9 1/4" wingspan, 8'5" standing reach, 6.1% body fat, no step vertical N/A, max vertical N/A
Projected #6 by DX, #8 by mynbadraft.com, #3 by nbadraft.com, #6 by CBS Sports, #3 Hoopshype

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Jamal Murray or Buddy Hield? Empty Re: Jamal Murray or Buddy Hield?

Post by wideclyde Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:57 pm

I would have to pick Murray over Hield just because his stats look much better as a freshman than Heild's looked as even a junior. Seems to be much more upside to his future to me.

I also like that he has already had much more point guard experience and potential which I think has to be considered when the Cs really do not have a true point guard (except maybe for Rozier) on their roster. Both Thomas and Smart are really shooting/off-the-ball guards who played a lot of point last year while Bradley has long ago proven that he is not a point guard even in desperation situations. Hunter may or may not be, but I am sure we can all agree that he will not be our point guard this next season.

With all that, I am not sure that either of these two guys should be our pick with #3 because next year's draft has been mentioned to have a load of big guards in it who may be as good as these guys are right now. The guards we had this year were not perfect, but they were all pretty young (more improvement coming next year) and still good enough to get us to the playoffs and 48 regular season wins. A shooting forward may be a better addition to the team, and neither of Hield or Murray are ever going to be forwards.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:53 am

Well I can see this poll has not generated a lot of interest.  I guess that is because we have beaten this one like a dead horse.

But what the hell let's beat it some more.

Once again given the choice I choose Buddy Hield over Murray.  However either one of them would add some perimeter shooting.  If both of them are available I am drafting Buddy because I think he is the better shooter/scorer, he has more length and is physically ready to contribute right away.  

On the other hand Murray had a very impressive freshman year and a legitimate argument can be made that he has more upside.  

Murray may have more upside although that is speculative.  While Hield is NBA ready right now and took home all the awards for being the best guard and national player of the year. etc.  etc.  The numbers are there and they are blinding.  The numbers are so good it is almost too hard to believe.  But since I had a chance to watch both of them play Hield is clearly the superior player.  

Murray is referred to as a combo guard.  But his assists per game are not PG type of assists and as a matter of fact Buddy has similar #'s.

It is clear that Buddy has deeper range than Murray and he also can take his man off the dribble and is a better defender with a much longer wingspan.

As I said before, get me Buddy and anything else after that is gravy.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:58 am

Hield.

No question in my mind.

NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:07 am

Lakers interested in Hield at # 2?

http://www.nj.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/06/nba_draft_rumors_buddy_hield_to_lakers_at_no_2.html
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:14 pm

dboss wrote:Lakers interested in Hield at # 2?

http://www.nj.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/06/nba_draft_rumors_buddy_hield_to_lakers_at_no_2.html

The Lakers working out Buddy doesn't mean they are interested in him at #2.

I picked Murry or Buddy because of how superior of a player Murray is compared to when Buddy was a freshman.
Both could be very good picks.
This one is almost a tie to me.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:21 pm

dboss wrote:Well I can see this poll has not generated a lot of interest.  I guess that is because we have beaten this one like a dead horse.

Once again given the choice I choose Buddy Hield over Murray.  However either one of them would add some perimeter shooting.  If both of them are available I am drafting Buddy because I think he is the better shooter/scorer, he has more length and is physically ready to contribute right away.  

On the other hand Murray had a very impressive freshman year and a legitimate argument can be made that he has more upside.  

Murray may have more upside although that is speculative.  While Hield is NBA ready right now and took home all the awards for being the best guard and national player of the year. etc.  etc.  The numbers are there and they are blinding.  The numbers are so good it is almost too hard to believe.  But since I had a chance to watch both of them play Hield is clearly the superior player.  

Murray is referred to as a combo guard.  But his assists per game are not PG type of assists and as a matter of fact Buddy has similar #'s.

It is clear that Buddy has deeper range than Murray and he also can take his man off the dribble and is a better defender with a much longer wingspan.

dboss

dboss,

The discussion of whom to pick with the #3 was beat to death. I'm trying to kernelize this down to just two players, specifically two shooters. Opinions may have changed post-workouts too. Murray, apparently, put on quite a show in his.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:07 pm

tjmakz wrote:
dboss wrote:Lakers interested in Hield at # 2?

The Lakers working out Buddy doesn't mean they are interested in him at #2.

I picked Murry or Buddy because of how superior of a player Murray is compared to when Buddy was a freshman.
Both could be very good picks.
This one is almost a tie to me.

Hey TJ

The Lakers drafted who last year? Anything can happen and they are competing out west where fire power is needed. I am not suggesting that they will draft Buddy but if hey did I would not be surprised.

Again keep in mind that regardless of what us fans think he is the consensus best shooter in the draft. He is ready to play right now where as Ingram is probably not physically ready to play now. If LAL has a long term rebuild they can draft a kid like Ingram and what for him to get ready.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:10 pm

bobheckler wrote:
dboss wrote:Well I can see this poll has not generated a lot of interest.  I guess that is because we have beaten this one like a dead horse.

dboss

dboss,

The discussion of whom to pick with the #3 was beat to death.  I'm trying to kernelize this down to just two players, specifically two shooters.  Opinions may have changed post-workouts too.  Murray, apparently, put on quite a show in his.

bob

Bob

No criticism from me on this. Murray worked out for Boston and drained 3 pointers all day long. As I have said I like both of these guys.

It is a great topic so don't read too much into the beat the dead horse comment.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:03 pm

If Dunn is better then any one of our guards outside of IT then trade one of them and select Dunn.

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:17 pm

112288 wrote:If Dunn is better then any one of our guards outside of IT then trade one of them and select Dunn.

Isn't Dunn the guy that does not want to work out for Boston?

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:44 pm

Ya, because he does not want to wind up on the bench or D League.

However if there is a position open to fight for ...he will come. Cannot blame him, we have a log jam in the back court which Danny knows he has to straighten out.

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:57 pm

Not sure that Dunn has much of a choice of which team he will play for, but if he is afraid to compete for playing time in the NBA he better change his thought process. There is going to be competition for playing time for every year of his career and also he will find competition for playing time wherever he plays.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:03 pm

From Jeff Goodman at ESPN:

Jamal Murray hit 79 of 100 3's in Boston last week. Buddy Hield, per source, hit 85 of 100 in front of Celtics brass today in California.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:12 pm

Outside wrote:From Jeff Goodman at ESPN:

Jamal Murray hit 79 of 100 3's in Boston last week. Buddy Hield, per source, hit 85 of 100 in front of Celtics brass today in California.

Outside,

I don't know how Buddy did on the mobility drills etc but Good Gawd, y'all, that's a lot of 3s.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down