is there already a trade for Butler on the table?

4 posters

Go down

is there already a trade for Butler on the table? Empty is there already a trade for Butler on the table?

Post by kdp59 Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:57 pm

http://windycityhoops.com/trade-proposal-sending-jimmy-butler-boston-celtics-pending/

the skinny is from someone named Dan Favale from Bleacher Report.

Celtics sending Bradley, Jerebko and Rozier along with #3 and #16 to the Bulls for Butler.

Myself I would rather keep Rozier and send them the #31 pick instead and keep #16 and send them one of our 2018 first rounders (nets, ours and possible Memphis pick).

But the value sounds about right.

Bradley and Dunn gives the Bulls a backcourt to move on from Rose (rumors have him going to the Nets for Jack and other assets).

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

is there already a trade for Butler on the table? Empty Re: is there already a trade for Butler on the table?

Post by tjmakz Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:40 pm

kdp59 wrote:http://windycityhoops.com/trade-proposal-sending-jimmy-butler-boston-celtics-pending/

the skinny is from someone named Dan Favale from Bleacher Report.

Celtics sending Bradley, Jerebko and Rozier along with #3 and #16 to the Bulls for Butler.

Myself I would rather keep Rozier and send them the #31 pick instead and keep #16 and send them one  of our 2018 first rounders (nets, ours and possible Memphis pick).

But the value sounds about right.

Bradley and Dunn gives the Bulls a backcourt to move on from Rose (rumors have him going to the Nets for Jack and other assets).

The proposed trade by the guy from Bleacher Report seems reasonable and fair.
Does he know that this trade is "on the table"? I doubt it.
He is a sportswriter who gets paid to write stories, so often these guys make things up as we do here.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

is there already a trade for Butler on the table? Empty Re: is there already a trade for Butler on the table?

Post by dboss Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:54 pm

and here is an article written by him.  He is a moron

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/3x4y05/after_the_2011_draft_nba_writer_dan_favale_wrote/

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:47 am

I love Jimmy Butler but this sounds a little rich for my taste. He isn't KG.

If we give up Bradley AND Rozier then who will guard point guards for us? IT?

Give them Hunter, Danny.

AND they want the #3?

Nope.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:00 am

Bob,

Bradley and the #3 pick ( insert favorite draft pick here) are a starting point for a player like Butler.

of course I am still not sold an ANY of the draft picks Danny could make at #3 this year being an all-star NBA player. Maybe Murray but even he is not a lock. so to me trading two solid to good NBA players for one all-star makes sense.

I think many people forget that Butler is an ELITE defender as well as a 20 pt per game scorer. but we can disagree about what level of player he is for sure.

Butler also give us belter flexibility in our lineups than Bradley. Crowder, Butler and Smart could all play together for longer periods of time and in fact could even be the main 2-4 spots against some teams. That is as good a defensive grouping as we have now, IMO.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:21 am

Many teams would be happy to make strong offers for Jimmy Butler.
Danny will not get a star without it hurting some.
There's still a lot of questions about what value there is to this years #3 pick.
Chicago is in the drivers seat with Jimmy Butler.
They will ask for a tremendous amount in return for him.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:58 am

I agree I was reading a bulls forum the other day and the posters there said the STARTING point to give up Butler was #3 pick, another first, Bradley AND Crowder!!

granted it was a Bulls board.

I like to visit other teams forums from time to time, just to get a better perspective of what their fans think of our players being bandied about in trades specifically.

can be an eye openeer sometimes, but reality is somewhere between our two perspective, most times anyway.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down