How the top 4 seeds from each conference fared tonight

4 posters

Go down

How the top 4 seeds from each conference fared tonight Empty How the top 4 seeds from each conference fared tonight

Post by gyso Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:17 am

West:

1. LA Lakers lost to OKC, 91-75.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=Au87.G4OzbnlN3Y13ckcIRGQvLYF?gid=2010032625

2. Denver wins by 1 over Toronto, 97-96.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2010032628

3. Dallas didn't play tonight, but they lost to Portland last night, 101-89.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2010032522

4. Utah lost to Indy, 122-106.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2010032611

East:

1. Cavs lost to the Spurs, 102-97.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2010032624

2. Orlando wins against the 'Wolves, 106-97.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2010032619

3. Boston wins over the Kings, 94-86.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2010032602

4. Atlanta lost to the 76ers, 105-98.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2010032620

Three wins and 5 losses for the top eight teams in the last two nights.
gyso
gyso

Back to top Go down

How the top 4 seeds from each conference fared tonight Empty Re: How the top 4 seeds from each conference fared tonight

Post by jeb Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:28 am

The Boston Celtics are getting stronger and are completely healthy while some of our foes are fading. Very good news.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

How the top 4 seeds from each conference fared tonight Empty Re: How the top 4 seeds from each conference fared tonight

Post by pete Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:32 am

Jebster,

I like the way you think.

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:34 am

Pete

Sam called it...see me in April.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:18 pm

jeb65 wrote:The Boston Celtics are getting stronger and are completely healthy while some of our foes are fading. Very good news.

Boston went almost 2 months with only 1 double digit win.
Now that they are healthier, it seems like every other game they are up by 20 at halftime.
If I was a celtics fan, I would want them to play hard but not to go crazy and peak before the playoffs.

LA's loss last night was inexcusable and embarrassing.
They were not mentally ready to win that game.
They will play hard in the playoffs but they need to take the regular season a little more seriously.

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:31 pm

tj

They shat the bed. It happens. Boston is healthy and starting to crest a really nice wave. We are starting to take care of home court and beat good teams.

Not too far back Memphis beat us like a cheap hound. Like the Thunder did you all last night.

Inre my fading comment mostly aimed at denver and dallas who are struggling and losing ground. But it was a weird night because so many of the best teams got thumped.

The night before you guys looked as good as you have all year against San Antone in the second half. Full on championship caliber.

Pau seems to be slipping a little bit TJ. And he dont look especially happy.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:53 pm

tjmakz wrote:
jeb65 wrote:The Boston Celtics are getting stronger and are completely healthy while some of our foes are fading. Very good news.

Boston went almost 2 months with only 1 double digit win.
Now that they are healthier, it seems like every other game they are up by 20 at halftime.
If I was a celtics fan, I would want them to play hard but not to go crazy and peak before the playoffs.

LA's loss last night was inexcusable and embarrassing.
They were not mentally ready to win that game.
They will play hard in the playoffs but they need to take the regular season a little more seriously.

tj,

Didn't see the game, but judging by the boxscore, Phil rested his players last night against OKC.

Bryant played 30 minutes (took only 11 shots. VERY un-Kobe-like);
Morrison played 9
Powell played 16(?)

Let's see what happens tonight against the Rockets before we excoriate the purple-and-gold just yet. The fact is that the Lakers have the West #1 seed sewn (or, is it "sown" because it's a "seed"?) up and have no need to win other than to have momentum.

bob

/
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:06 pm

bobheck

Good point. I didnt think of that but did notice the low minutes. On that note I am off to meet babysky for an afternoon drink...no shit.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:24 pm

ow

afternoon tequila with babysky...he's goin to keep it rollin. Good man enjoyed meetin him.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:18 pm

jeb65 wrote:tj

They shat the bed. It happens. Boston is healthy and starting to crest a really nice wave. We are starting to take care of home court and beat good teams.

Not too far back Memphis beat us like a cheap hound. Like the Thunder did you all last night.

Inre my fading comment mostly aimed at denver and dallas who are struggling and losing ground. But it was a weird night because so many of the best teams got thumped.

The night before you guys looked as good as you have all year against San Antone in the second half. Full on championship caliber.

Pau seems to be slipping a little bit TJ. And he dont look especially happy.

Jeb

Jeb,

I don't think Pau is slipping at all. He was great tonight against Houston. It's been a long road for LA after playing those crazy amount of home games early in the season.

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:09 am

tj

His production has been spotty. 9 points against the thunder and Jackson saying to the press he is playing "soft" a word that has been associated with his play in the past...which he is trying to shed...used by his coach. Jackson seems less than pleased with Pau over the last 15 games. He is on record questioning Kobe's shot selection and he does not look too happy.

You guys bounced back in style tonight.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:19 am

Gasol is one player I don't worry about. He is going to put up his 18 pts, 11 rebs and 2 blocks almost every night.
LA needs to focus on getting him the ball more often. Tonight is the first time he had over 14 shot attempts in over a month.
I worry more about production from Fisher/Farmar/Brown.

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:24 am

Gasol is a stud. But a stud yall need to win. He is so good when facing the basket and I dont see why yalls offense does not run through him more...great great passer.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down