Adrian Wojnarowski: ‘More likely scenario’ is Celtics make pick at No. 3 rather than trade

Go down

Adrian Wojnarowski: ‘More likely scenario’ is Celtics make pick at No. 3 rather than trade Empty Adrian Wojnarowski: ‘More likely scenario’ is Celtics make pick at No. 3 rather than trade

Post by 112288 Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:02 pm

WEEI

There has been a lot of debate over the last few weeks of what the Celtics will do with the No. 3 overall pick. Will they select a player, or will they trade it away?

According to The Vertical’s Adrian Wojnarowski, it seems like as of now, the more likely scenario is they will make the pick, a point WEEI’s Mike Petraglia made on Tuesday, 48 hours before the draft.

“More likely scenario is Boston will pick off their board there and then it’s a grouping of Dragon Bender, Kris Dunn, Jaylen Brown,” he said via CSNNE. “There is a group there at No. 3 where internally with a lot of organizations there is debate about people rate those guys very differently and I know Boston has a lot of internal debate there about who they view as the best prospect there.”

But, that doesn’t mean the Celtics won’t be working the phones right up until the pick as they will have to weigh all their options.

“I think Boston is going to continue to try and find a trade, for an established veteran — whether it is an All-Star or a really talented difference maker who can come in and help them get to the next level in the Eastern Conference,” Wojnarowski said. “I think they are going to pursue all those avenues all the way up until it’s time for them to make their pick at No. 3 and then make a decision based on what is available trade-wise versus how strongly they feel about picking a player at No.3. I think with Boston at No. 3 and Phoenix at No. 4, they are chasing a lot of the same players offering different assets. I think this goes right down to the wire and Danny Ainge has to make a decision of what way he is going to go.”

Back to top Go down