Sloopjohnb
beat
dboss
wideclyde
NYCelt
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What looked like strength, may have been weakness: Post Draft Thought - Page 2 Empty Re: What looked like strength, may have been weakness: Post Draft Thought

Post by arambone Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:21 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:No way Smart is 235, thats too much weight for him to carry.

He's distinctly heavier than his rookie year, when he weighed 225 at the Combine.

If you've seen his mother you can see where he gets his stocky genes from. It's not fat, it's just a body type that he can't really help unless he goes vegetarian like Jaylen Brown has done.

But what little burst Smart had as a rookie is long gone. That's why I gave up on him as a full time PG a long time ago.

In retrospect I probably should have seen his inevitable weight gain coming. 19-20 year olds always gain weight.

arambone

Back to top Go down

What looked like strength, may have been weakness: Post Draft Thought - Page 2 Empty Re: What looked like strength, may have been weakness: Post Draft Thought

Post by arambone Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:23 am

Jabari Parker has the same body type, and he's in the 260s now.

arambone

Back to top Go down

Post by arambone Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:30 am

NYCelt, I do agree with your Smart/Brown comparison in the sense that they're both SG/SFs now. Smart really showed he could do a rock solid job of defending every SF but Durant and LeBron.

But if you think Smart and Brown are redundant, it would have been much worse redundancy on the roster if we had drafted a smaller guard instead of Brown.

And now we're not totally screwed going against the elite SFs. I think Brown is significantly longer than Crowder and Turner (and Smart). Those guys just don't have great length at all, nor do they have the hops to get up much higher.

arambone

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:48 am

arambone wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:No way Smart is 235, thats too much weight for him to carry.

He's distinctly heavier than his rookie year, when he weighed 225 at the Combine.

If you've seen his mother you can see where he gets his stocky genes from. It's not fat, it's just a body type that he can't really help unless he goes vegetarian like Jaylen Brown has done.

But what little burst Smart had as a rookie is long gone. That's why I gave up on him as a full time PG a long time ago.

In retrospect I probably should have seen his inevitable weight gain coming. 19-20 year olds always gain weight.

I totally disagree, he had an ankle injury his rookie year, never really got over the hump, he drove and finished much better last year, his second year.

his weight looks the same to me, he was starting to post up smaller guards at the end of the year, I'd like to see that continue.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by arambone Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:34 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:
arambone wrote:

I totally disagree, he had an ankle injury his rookie year, never really got over the hump, he drove and finished much better last year, his second year.

his weight looks the same to me, he was starting to post up smaller guards at the end of the year, I'd like to see that continue.

Yeah, I was looking closely at photos and I don't think he's 235.

arambone

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:40 pm

amazing you agreed with me....???

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:13 pm

With all these players, plus the ones we already have, who sticks and who goes?

Sully? Seems they may be stuck with him for another year or two. He is in the driver's seat right now. Maybe a deal will come and he will be shocked that he is no longer here. I have read many places where he says he wants to stay, but he sure as heck doesn't act it.
Zeller- I think he wants out and I do not blame him. He will get more playing time elsewere.
Amir? ??????
Turner????? We are just a short week away from finding out with him. He doesn't want to get into any
kind of a bidding war. It remains to be seen who will throw the crazy money out to him.
The kids? Rozier sticks.
I am not so sure about RJ.

Still alot of questions, and I think some will be answered in a week and half's time.

I sat there draft night thinking what the Hell was going on. He (Danny) could not have screwed this up that bad. We will have no real idea of what will be for a few months. Did anyone watch the interview with Mike and Tommy? When the question was asked about Danny and how the owners viewed the results, they said that is what they paid Danny and his team to do. Heinsohn could not wait to jump on the reporter and tell him all this negativity about Danny comes from Felger!!!! That he knows nothing about basketball and is so negative about things he knows nothing about!

I am still waiting on these guys, I hope all of a sudden a deal comes through and we will all breath a sigh of relief and look forward to the beginning of camp!!!!

Always looking up, that's me. Still bleeding Green, and always will. Go Celtics

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:19 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:With all these players, plus the ones we already have, who sticks and who goes?

Sully?  Seems they may be stuck with him for another year or two. He is in the driver's seat right now. Maybe a deal will come and he will be shocked that he is no longer here.  I have read many places where he says he wants to stay, but he sure as heck doesn't act it.
Zeller- I think he wants out and I do not blame him.  He will get more playing time elsewere.
Amir? ??????
Turner????? We are just a short week away from finding out with him. He doesn't want to get into any
kind of a bidding war. It remains to be seen who will throw the crazy money out to him.  
The kids?  Rozier sticks.

Still alot of questions, and I think some will be answered in a week and half's time.

I sat there draft night thinking what the Hell was going on. He (Danny) could not have screwed this up that bad. We will have no real idea of what will be for a few months.  Did anyone watch the interview with Mike and Tommy?  When the question was asked about Danny and how the owners viewed the results, they said that is what they paid Danny and his team to do. Heinsohn could not wait to jump on the reporter and tell him all this negativity about Danny comes from Felger!!!! That he knows nothing about basketball and is so negative about things he knows nothing about!  

I am still waiting on these guys, I hope all of a sudden a deal comes through and we will all breath a sigh of relief and look forward to the beginning of camp!!!!

Always looking up, that's me.  Still bleeding Green, and always will. Go Celtics

Rosalie

Rosalie,

For what it is worth, I came up with what I think is a reasonable explanation of this draft.

It is on the Rookie Press Conference thread.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by arambone Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:54 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:With all these players, plus the ones we already have, who sticks and who goes?

Sully?  Seems they may be stuck with him for another year or two. He is in the driver's seat right now. Maybe a deal will come and he will be shocked that he is no longer here.  I have read many places where he says he wants to stay, but he sure as heck doesn't act it.
Zeller- I think he wants out and I do not blame him.  He will get more playing time elsewere.
Amir? ??????
The kids?  Rozier sticks.

I sat there draft night thinking what the Hell was going on. He (Danny) could not have screwed this up that bad. We will have no real idea of what will be for a few months.  Did anyone watch the interview with Mike and Tommy?  When the question was asked about Danny and how the owners viewed the results, they said that is what they paid Danny and his team to do. Heinsohn could not wait to jump on the reporter and tell him all this negativity about Danny comes from Felger!!!! That he knows nothing about basketball and is so negative about things he knows nothing about!  

Always looking up, that's me.  Still bleeding Green, and always will. Go Celtics

Rosalie

Summer league is going to boost your spirits in a big way.

arambone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2