Post Game Thread - vs Chicago Bulls, Vegas Summer League Game 1

4 posters

Go down

Post Game Thread - vs Chicago Bulls, Vegas Summer League Game 1 Empty Post Game Thread - vs Chicago Bulls, Vegas Summer League Game 1

Post by bobheckler Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:09 pm

http://www.nba.com/games/20160709/BOSCHI/gameinfo.html

Bobby Portis with a HUGE game.  Between him and Cooley they dominated us on the boards.

Couldn't score for shit.  33%.  Some of that was Chicago defense, which was excellent, and a lot of us was us.

8 TOs in the 4th quarter croaked us.  13 total, so 5 through 3 and then we fell apart in the 4th.

Yabu looked good.  

Mickey looked very rusty and was dominated by Portis and Cooley.

Rozier with an understated game, but solid.

Nader looks very good near the rim, not good outside.  That cooks him.

Brown looked like he had no explosiveness.  Banged knees tonight too.

Jay King
@ByJayKing 4 minutes ago
Jaylen Brown said his knee bothered him a little bit today.

Reply Retweet Like

Brian Robb
@CelticsHub 4 minutes ago
Jaylen Brown on knee: it's bothering me a little bit. Tweaked it today.

Reply Retweet Like

Jay King
Jay King
@ByJayKing 1 minute ago
Yabusele: "I’m kind of undersized a little bit so I can’t play passive against them. Play with aggressiveness and they can’t guard me."

Reply Retweet Like
MY NOTE:  There is nothing wrong with being an aggressive dancing bear

Jay King
@ByJayKing 4 minutes ago
Terry Rozier: "We got our butt kicked today, offense and defense. I take full responsibility for it."

Reply Retweet Like
MY NOTE:  I don't think Rozier was to blame, but I like that he's taking the leader role and accepting responsibility.

Marc D'Amico
Marc D'Amico
@celtics about 5 minutes ago
Jamie Young states that Terry Rozier will get the day off tomorrow night when the Celtics take on the Suns at 10:30 p.m.

Reply Retweet Like

Jay King
@ByJayKing about 5 minutes ago
Terry Rozier will get a day off tomorrow: "To be honest with you, I'm kind of mad."

Reply Retweet Like
MY NOTE:  Jackson will get his full 15 minutes of fame.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post Game Thread - vs Chicago Bulls, Vegas Summer League Game 1 Empty Re: Post Game Thread - vs Chicago Bulls, Vegas Summer League Game 1

Post by arambone Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:48 pm

Hunter, Mickey, and Young are fringe players and should be treated as such. 6'8 PF only works (barely) when you're freaky strong with a great feel for the game like Yabusele.

Mickey isn't a "great feel" kind of player, and while the high flying shot blocker is a legit NBA role, it's almost always 6'11 guys like Nerlens Noel.
6'8 limited feel, limited skillset at PF just doesn't cut it.

We saw how he's too short to out-rebound anybody, or really contest and disrupt with length because it's not there. Even a couple highlight blocks a game wouldn't compensate for being 6'8 and not strong.

Hunter too damn slow. If he had a stronger frame he could be a solid back up small forward, but he's rail thin.

James Young just seems like a guy you can't depend on to put it all together at this point.

With all those draft picks, Danny could have put together a much better summer league team, and much better competition for those roster spots. Instead Danny treated it as a given that at least two of Hunter/Mickey/Young were going to make the roster. I know their contracts are guaranteed, but that shouldn't mean they're locks for the final roster.

arambone

Back to top Go down

Post Game Thread - vs Chicago Bulls, Vegas Summer League Game 1 Empty Re: Post Game Thread - vs Chicago Bulls, Vegas Summer League Game 1

Post by bobheckler Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:21 am

I wonder if Danny knew, when he traded for Isaiah Thomas, just how much he'd love being a Celtic?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:25 am

bobheckler wrote:I wonder if Danny knew, when he traded for Isaiah Thomas, just how much he'd love being a Celtic?

bob

About as much as Isiah Thomas hated the Celtics.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:33 am

bobheckler wrote:I wonder if Danny knew, when he traded for Isaiah Thomas, just how much he'd love being a Celtic?

bob

He loves them so much he said, "The better bring out the Brinks truck," regarding his free agency year in 2018:

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/thomas-contract-they-better-bring-out-brinks-truck?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo&yptr=yahoo

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:35 am

http://www.celticsblog.com/2016/7/9/12137438/celtics-lose-first-summer-league-game-to-bulls-71-62

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:05 pm

Everybody wants to get paid. Why should IT be any different? Watched the replay this morning. Pretty much agree with what everone else said, except that I`m starting to see James Young as a possible late bloomer. Don`t see how they let the Dancing Bear go back to Europe. RG , last year`s summer league golden boy swishes one from 30 feet , then practically breaks the backboard with the next one. Can`t see him sticking. Find us a rebounder, please.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down