Dragan Bender is the "most impressive rookie" in Vegas Summer League

+2
arambone
steve3344
6 posters

Go down

Dragan Bender is the "most impressive rookie" in Vegas Summer League Empty Dragan Bender is the "most impressive rookie" in Vegas Summer League

Post by steve3344 Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:13 pm

http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2016/7/14/12142204/phoenix-suns-dragan-bender-is-the-most-impressive-rookie-in-vegas

"A player as tall as Bender shouldn't be able to move as fluidly as he does, and his age (he doesn't turn 19 until November) belies his on-court savvy. The game was never too fast for him. He knew where the ball was supposed to go and he knows how to get to his spots. The scouts and executives in attendance came away raving about him.

Bender, who has wing talent with the size to play center, gives an offense almost unlimited flexibility."

Will be interesting to see what the top six or seven pick in this draft develop into over the next several years...

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Dragan Bender is the "most impressive rookie" in Vegas Summer League Empty Re: Dragan Bender is the "most impressive rookie" in Vegas Summer League

Post by arambone Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:45 pm

Translation: I was irrationally high on Bender before the draft, and now I'm going to pretend he looks the most impressive in Summer League.

arambone

Back to top Go down

Dragan Bender is the "most impressive rookie" in Vegas Summer League Empty Re: Dragan Bender is the "most impressive rookie" in Vegas Summer League

Post by gyso Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:02 pm

Kelly Olynyk was pretty impressive as a rookie in Summer League, if I remember correctly. When he started the regular season, he looked hopeless.

It may be the same thing here. I'll wait until he plays against real NBA players before I come to any conclusions.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:10 pm

I would have to say that Bender easily looks like the worst rookie that was drafted in the top 10.
Chriss and Ulis have played much better than Bender who looks lost on the court.
This article seems like a joke.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:25 pm

Arambone, you're an excellent translator.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:57 am

the times I saw Bender he couldn't hit a shot was covered by smaller players and couldn't take them inside at all and was a turnover machine, other than that he was really dominant.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down