swish
gyso
pete
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Virus Alert - Page 3 Empty Re: Virus Alert

Post by Berlin-T Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:50 pm

As reported above I'm having no problems with my PC.

I've been thinking about buying a tablet for traveling, but after reading about all the problems with android systems I just might shelve that idea.

Berlin-T
Berlin-T
Berlin-T

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:24 pm

Yesterday I went into settings and deleted personal data (cookies, etc) and the pop up has gone away!

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:17 pm

dboss seems to have hit it on this one.

It's also helpful to at least periodically delete your computer's cache.  Things like this hide there frequently.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:07 pm

Berlin-T wrote:As reported above I'm having no problems with my PC.

I've been thinking about buying a tablet for traveling, but after reading about all the problems with android systems I just might shelve that idea.

Berlin-T

Berlin - I am an android user, and honestly have very few problems. In fact, Android systems are difficult to infect with a truly malicious virus. The stuff people have been seeing here are just annoying ads, nothing truly malicious. I held back from getting tablet for a long time, but T-mobile threw one in when I got my Note 7 last year, and I actually love it (though I still prefer reading an actual book...)

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:13 am

Ran into an issue on my mobile device.  From time to time I have to log in again. Normally I never had an issue till this AM.  Right where it gives you the blank log in boxes is an add for some game. No matter what I tried could not make that move or go away so I could type in my username and password.  Eventually I figured out when I enlarged the screen the curser sort of appeared through the add so I typed in both and hit log in which was below the game ad and here I am.  Never had this happen before but really only a minor issue but a pain none the less.
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3