Who will we pass in wins this year?

4 posters

Go down

Who will we pass in wins this year? Empty Who will we pass in wins this year?

Post by beat Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:44 am

We had 48 wins last year tied for the 6th most in the league

Which teams ahead or tied (or just slightly behind) improved themselves.

Warriors had 73 (Should get near that or more)
Spurs 67 (no way they get to that again)
Cleveland 57 (can they get to 60+)
Thunder 55 (like the Spurs...no way)
Clippers 53 ( I see nothing that indicates they will get more)
Heat
Hawks
Bobcats all with 48 like us.........Don't see any of them getting to that again.

US 48 (Certainly with green vision I see more wins mid to low 50's perhaps)

Pacers and Pistons both had 45. Again getting there again will be tough

Portland, the Grizz and Chicago all had 42 again will be hard to get there again.

Big if.... IF we can stay healthy even without another major move we should be in darn good shape for this season and the near future too.

I'll say right now anything but a top 4 seed in the East would be extremely disappointing.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Who will we pass in wins this year? Empty Re: Who will we pass in wins this year?

Post by kdp59 Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:52 am

right now I would guess

GS
Clev
SA
LAC
Mem
Ind
and us are all 50 win or more teams
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Who will we pass in wins this year? Empty Re: Who will we pass in wins this year?

Post by beat Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:29 pm

kdp59 wrote:right now I would guess

GS
Clev
SA
LAC
Mem
Ind
and us are all 50 win or more teams

No to SA and Indy. Clips & Memphis is on the ropes for it too IMHO

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:36 pm

And still not a serious contender for a ring. We still lack that one or two elite players that separates the pretender from the contender. As of today it's still a hope of the future - real near future I hope.
swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:29 pm

Swish,

I think that there was a column somewhere a few weeks ago discussing if the Cs next all star type player might already be on our roster.

Not sure if anyone of the young core guys are ready yet to become 'all star' players by next February, but I think that the total improvement by a good bunch of these guys will happen again this year to add to our team's overall improvement to maybe 55 regular season wins.

If there has been one thing that I have really liked about Coach Stevens and his staff is that they have clearly made (along, of course, with the player's energy and desire to get better) just about EVERY player that they have had on their roster for at least a few months a better NBA player.

Probably the best example might be Evan Turner.

This guy was washed up in the league even though still quite young in age before the Cs got him and then two years later he gets a huge free agent contract. Yes, the size of the contract was predicated by the rise in salary cap, but his just signed $70 contract for four years could easily have been something like $40 M under the old cap limitations. And, yes, $40 M for 4 years is not LeBron James or Kevin Durant type money, but certainly much more than even Turner ever thought that he would make BEFORE coming to Boston as basically a roster filler type guy who was trying to just hang on to an NBA spot before having to search for a D League or overseas roster spot in order to continue playing pro basketball.

Stevens may have great plays after time outs and do many other good things as our head coach, but his biggest contribution is the positive improvements of so many (almost all) of his players. This is a huge factor in coaching and I am sure that the entire league sees this as well as any of the college kids who may be paying attention. I cannot remember any Celtics coach, even back to Red Auerbach, doing this particular facet of coaching any better.

James Young, unfortunately, might be the one guy that has not done much improving to date.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:45 pm

wideclyde wrote:
Swish,

I think that there was a column somewhere a few weeks ago discussing if the Cs next all star type player might already be on our roster.

Not sure if anyone of the young core guys are ready yet to become 'all star' players by next February, but I think that the total improvement by a good bunch of these guys will happen again this year to add to our team's overall improvement to maybe 55 regular season wins.

If there has been one thing that I have really liked about Coach Stevens and his staff is that they have clearly made (along, of course, with the player's energy and desire to get better) just about EVERY player that they have had on their roster for at least a few months a better NBA player.

Probably the best example might be Evan Turner.  

This guy was washed up in the league even though still quite young in age before the Cs got him and then two years later he gets a huge free agent contract. Yes, the size of the contract was predicated by the rise in salary cap, but his just signed $70 contract for four years could easily have been something like $40 M under the old cap limitations.  And, yes, $40 M for 4 years is not LeBron James or Kevin Durant type money, but certainly much more than even Turner ever thought that he would make BEFORE coming to Boston as basically a roster filler type guy who was trying to just hang on to an NBA spot before having to search for a D League or overseas roster spot in order to continue playing pro basketball.

Stevens may have great plays after time outs and do many other good things as our head coach, but his biggest contribution is the positive improvements of so many (almost all) of his players.  This is a huge factor in coaching and I am sure that the entire league sees this as well as any of the college kids who may be paying attention.  I cannot remember any Celtics coach, even back to Red Auerbach, doing this particular facet of coaching any better.

James Young, unfortunately, might be the one guy that has not done much improving to date.
       wideclyde,

i'm absolutely thrilled by the job that Stevens has done with this roster and look forward to the day when he has the final needed chip(chips) to raise the Celtics to the championship level.

swish

P.S. Brads done his thing - the next move(s) are Danny's.

swish

Last edited by swish on Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add on thoughts)

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down