Marcus's 2nd outing!

5 posters

Go down

Marcus's 2nd outing! Empty Marcus's 2nd outing!

Post by beat Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:46 pm

Team won Tuesday 6-5 Marcus sat. Tonight they played Immaculate Heart Academy. They are the defending league and Section 3 champs and lost in the semis in the states last season. Won states 2 years ago. They are VERY GOOD.

Marcus started and did quite well, very well in fact. Pitched the first three innings allowing 5 runs but all were unearned due to errors on the catcher dropping atag at the plate and a big error on the shortstop booting a grounder with 2 out, and instead of being out of the inning the next batter crushes a 3 run home to deep center.

Walked only 1 and struck out 1. Had 1 wild pitch. 41 pitches for 28 strikes too. His earned run average is down to 2.63.

Marcus's 2nd outing! Marcus20

Marcus's 2nd outing! Marcus21

Marcus's 2nd outing! Marcus22

Marcus's 2nd outing! Marcus23

Marcus's 2nd outing! Marcus24

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Marcus's 2nd outing! Empty Re: Marcus's 2nd outing!

Post by jeb Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:19 pm

go Marcus!
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:25 pm

The young man looks quite composed out there. Go Marcus!

Beat, Spike and I are attending the game tomorrow night, you can rest assured I'll be sure to show him all the buildings I used to work in! Marcus's 2nd outing! Icon_biggrin

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:37 pm

Bob

Start early..............or you will miss the game!

As for Marcus. When I realized he was starting tonight I was ______ "fill in the blank." No way in my mind was he ready for these guys but dang he did so well. He could easily have gone an inning or more and if the Defense plays error free....who knows?
The kid he struck out is on the national 16 and under summer team. Marcus said he started him out with a fastball on the corner, catcher signaled for a change which the kid was a mile in front of and missed. 0-2 the count. Catcher signals 2 fingers for Marcus's newest pitch a slider. Kid missed it. GRAB SOME BENCH!

No game till next Tuesday against a team we should handle. The a break till the following week.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:08 pm

Okay, Marcus. Just get a new catcher and a new shortstop, and you're off and running.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:48 am

beat,

hopefully, the coach will have a chat with Marcus and point out him that his runs were unearned. Might be nice for the kid to hear from his coach that he's not being "looked at funny" because so many runs were scored on his watch.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:17 pm

bob

I do all the stats, and the scorebook for all the games. I always check on a small panel of parents to determing hit or error if it is questionable. The 3 committed last eve were all relatively easy plays so they were no brainers.
And although we lost 11-0 we did.

He is quite aware of the stats and is the first ot look at them.

I know he wishes he could play a little first and get up to bat as he's only been up 3 times all year and they were the first game. The current first baseman is a senior, but like a lot of the guys on the team is not hitting, perhaps Marcus will get more of a shot there soon, It is what it is and really if he is to go anywhere with his baseball skills it most likely will be as a pitcher, but he can hit to if given the chance. We'll see.

I do hope the party on the left coast goes great!! I'll be there in spirt for sure!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down