Post Game Thread Celtics Pull the Bulls By the Horns 107-100

5 posters

Go down

Post Game Thread Celtics Pull the Bulls By the Horns 107-100 Empty Post Game Thread Celtics Pull the Bulls By the Horns 107-100

Post by dboss Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:26 am

http://www.espn.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4724303/amir-johnson-3-pointers

Loved the game.  The Celtics showed that they are a team with mental toughness.  Lots of contributions all around.

Johnson had his best game as a Celtics

Smart's return proves why he is a lot more than a guy that we want to see shoot the ball better

Zeller helped the Celtics establish a physical presence early on.

IT is the best player in the NBA inch for inch.

Bradley game down to earth shooting the ball but still managed to pass and rebound

Jonas, Rozier, Brown and Green also scored a key basket to make this win happen.

Rebounding woes continue but were better last night.  Boston shot the ball very well 47.1% and 43.8% from behind the arc.  The Bulls were able to hang in there because they got 31 free throw attempts and we only got 17.  28 assists for us and only 21 for them. 19 TO for them and only 12 for us.  87 shot attempts for us and only 81 for them.

This was a team effort.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post Game Thread Celtics Pull the Bulls By the Horns 107-100 Empty Re: Post Game Thread Celtics Pull the Bulls By the Horns 107-100

Post by gyso Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:14 pm

Post Game Thread Celtics Pull the Bulls By the Horns 107-100 Screen19

Post Game Thread Celtics Pull the Bulls By the Horns 107-100 Screen18

Back to top Go down

Post Game Thread Celtics Pull the Bulls By the Horns 107-100 Empty Re: Post Game Thread Celtics Pull the Bulls By the Horns 107-100

Post by dboss Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:07 pm

The Celtics are clearly the better team. The rotation is deep.

Now if we can just get everyone healthy we will really get a better feel for how good they are.

Is it me or are we seeing more sprained ankle injuries. When Crowder went out I was feeling a little down but having Marcus Smart made all the difference.

dboss

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:24 pm

dboss wrote:The Celtics are clearly the better team.  The rotation is deep.

Now if we can just get everyone healthy we will really get a better feel for how good they are.

Is it me or are we seeing more sprained ankle injuries.  When Crowder went out I was feeling a little down but having Marcus Smart made all the difference.  

dboss

Dboss,

Didn't see the game but I saw that Smart played 33 minutes. It's nice to have a 6th man who can come off the bench and play starter minutes in a winning cause. He did shoot his usual execrable fg%.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:14 pm

bobheckler wrote:

Is it me or are we seeing more sprained ankle injuries.  When Crowder went out I was feeling a little down but having Marcus Smart made all the difference.  

dboss

Dboss,

Didn't see the game but I saw that Smart played 33 minutes.   It's nice to have a 6th man who can come off the bench and play starter minutes in a winning cause.  He did shoot his usual execrable fg%.

bob

Bob,

That 33 minutes may be one of the most promising numbers in the box score. 33 minutes in your first game back from an ankle sprain would seem to indicate the injury wasn't very severe at all. Although I'm not a doctor and don't play one on TV...

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:02 pm

NYCelt wrote:
bobheckler wrote:

dboss

Dboss,

Didn't see the game but I saw that Smart played 33 minutes.   It's nice to have a 6th man who can come off the bench and play starter minutes in a winning cause.  He did shoot his usual execrable fg%.

bob

Bob,

That 33 minutes may be one of the most promising numbers in the box score.  33 minutes in your first game back from an ankle sprain would seem to indicate the injury wasn't very severe at all.  Although I'm not a doctor and don't play one on TV...

Regards

NY Celt

Marcus is that guy who can bang with the Wades and Butlers of the world.  Would I like to see better shooting from him?  hell yes but his impact on this team is profound.  Does so many things that does not show up in some box score.

Before Crowder went out he was looking good.  His stroke is smooooooth.

I cannot wait for the team to get healthy where we have a full compliment of our best players.  Most interested in seeing how the defense plays with Bradley, Smart, Crowder, Horford and the PUPs with Rozier and brown leading the way.  This team is stocked with high end defenders.

Can't wait to see a healthy KO get back in the mix because his shooting will push us to another level.

So here we are at 3-1 with a tough match against the Cavs tonight.  This will be a very difficult game without having Crowder.  But as the Patriots always say.. next man Up!

dboss

s
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:32 pm

I haven`t seen anybody talking about it, but Bradley`s defense on Butler, even when he was in foul trouble , was critical. Rondo is still an enigma. He did some good things last night, but then he`d do something inexplicable. IT  is the real deal. Reminds me a little of Archibald, but I don`t want to  open that bucket of worms.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down