Post Game Thread Celtic lose at home the the wizards 104-96 4/9/21010

+2
bobc33
dboss
6 posters

Go down

Post Game Thread Celtic lose at home the the wizards 104-96 4/9/21010 Empty Post Game Thread Celtic lose at home the the wizards 104-96 4/9/21010

Post by dboss Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:31 pm

Another in a disturbing string of Celtics loses. I starting the post game thread with 3 ½ minutes left in the third quarter. If some benevolent force intervenes I’ll finish with an apologetic retraction.

Celtics fans, it is time to face some painful realities. This team may not have it.

How do you lose another game at home to a bum team? At some point the playoffs look more like the final outcome of a man that has been on death row too long and now must face the executioner.

There are 2 minutes to play in the quarter (3rd) and there is little to feel good about the score at this point , 70-39. Make that 41 on the Sheed dunk.

I have lost all hope that my beloved Celtics will step to the plate and account for themselves. Watching this team is worse than watching the team that lost 18 in a row.

This team is loaded with hall of fame players, huge contracts and all the hoopla that one can imagine yet their performance this year has been nothing short of a disaster.

It is time to rebuild (already?) Yes already This team has no chance to represent the historical significance of Celtics baskletball as we no it. This team does not have the mental fortitude nor the physical abilities to win games that they need to win.

This is not meant to be a negative thread. I Love the Celtics like no other fan, They are engrained in the depths of my soul. But I can not longer pretend that this team is a good team with a chance to win.

With a handful of games remaining please call dr Kovorkian so he can put me out of my misery. That's right. This team is playing so poorly that I call for assisted suicide.

Opps nice play by Rondo. Does not matter put an L in the lose column …again..

The questions I have at this point is a 3 letter word…why? Why is a team that was built and strengthen so lame?

Nice pass to Sheldon down 15….so what the Celtics are still stinking the place up worse than a dead rat in the top of the rafter at the old Boston Gardens

Nice blow by by Rondo 78-62. Finley miss. See
Drive by Rondo bend over and shoot then free throw. First one good, second won missed.

Back to my depression. This game will probably end up in a 8-11 pt loss. Dowm 15..close but no cigar.
6:51.. shot of tangureay.. Rondo jumper good. Down 13 Kg in the game
80-66.

Did I tell you I had a renovation in my house incuding a new kitchen? It really looks nice.

Rondo has 17 and just picked up his 4th foul. Bad call

82-66

Make that 83-66

No chance
83-69
83-71
Down 12 and trying to be respectable but they are finished.
86-71 /….forget about it..
I like Mcgee’s mama
Where is that bottle. 88-71
88-73…baby does not get his shoot blocked.
2:50 down 12
Gin is good for your chin!
The fans chant for defense.
NATE!..
2 minutes left. Where is the light switch.
Who do we play next? Or better still who is playing us?
If you are happy and you know it clap you hands.
Final score.. Celtics lose to the freakin bullets (wizards) 106-96 a real cock teaser at home. Home is where the heart is but this team has no heart.
What’s on HGTV tonight? Time to start another project (hmmm…what about new bathrooms?)
dboss

Last edited by dboss on Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:15 am; edited 2 times in total
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post Game Thread Celtic lose at home the the wizards 104-96 4/9/21010 Empty Re: Post Game Thread Celtic lose at home the the wizards 104-96 4/9/21010

Post by bobc33 Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:02 am

Dboss,

Being at the game tonight and hearing the boos was an eye opener. And this was a against a team Spike and I hardly recognized any of their players.

I feel the fire just isn't there, the loose balls and long rebounds that a couple of years ago we went all out for and fought for are going the other way recently. Why? Darn if I know but the urgency and desire seems to be lacking, or perhaps they have tuned Doc out as it happens to almost all good coaches at some point. Twice tonight I turned to Spike and said Doc should just yank all 5 starters as he need to send a message.

I'll be rooting for them come hell or high water, and we know it was just a few months when they started the season great and there was talk of winning 70 games so the talent is there.

Churchill said "I cannot forecast to you the action of Russia. It is a riddle, wrapped
in a mystery, inside an enigma; but perhaps there is a key. That key is Russian national interest" Wish I knew what the key is for the Cs.

Back to top Go down

Post Game Thread Celtic lose at home the the wizards 104-96 4/9/21010 Empty Re: Post Game Thread Celtic lose at home the the wizards 104-96 4/9/21010

Post by pete Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:52 am

dboss,

Great post. I agree, this is a very odd combination, a great team on paper, a very good road team, and a pathetic home team. I just do not believe players age 5 yrs from one season to he next.

Perhaps some day in the near future, we will know what happened to this group. I do not think I have ever seen anything quite like this before.

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:12 am

I want it known that there is no connection between this loss and the fact that I leave for Aruba today. Then to San Francisco for the Celtics party April 24, then to Oregon, then home around May 3. I'll have the trusty laptop with me, and I hope to be reading a lot happier posts. In the meantime, keep the faith everyone.

Go Celtics!

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:36 am

Hey Sam I just got back from the Bahamas,we had a great time,kept up from afar,couldn't believe we lost to the Knicks and Wizards.If I was Doc I'd rest Big 3 for remaining games,we are what we are an aging team that shows flashes,but has not been able to play 48 minutes all season or since Dec.The most alarming thing all season has been our inability to rebound.KG is trying,but now hes laboring just like Kareem did when he lost his ability to board,sad to watch,his reflexes and balance just are not there anymore.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:44 am

Sam

Here a happy note, Marcus was to have practice this morning but due to the fact it was to be cold (which it is) the coach called last evening when we were out and cancelled. He told Marcus on the message that he'll probably pitch again next Tuesday so get some running in.

So Marcus ran to the fridge and got some food!!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:24 am

Beat,

Nice to see that Marcus has his priorities straight.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:59 am

I cannot believe I wrote the psot game thread.

I must have been under the influenece.

I feel better today and am looking forward to a good game tonight.
I have to keep the faith with my team. It just may be a matter of them looking toward the playoffs and in a sense these remaing games have become meaningless.

The playoffs should spark a fire and we should expect to see a surge of energy once they start their first series.

I believe that the Celtics have the pieces in place to win. At this point it does appear that the problems are from the neck up. These games have been more like sparing matches. And the team loses their focus thus fundamental basketball is not part of their game right now.

The playoffs are coming and the real test will begin. Once Boston gets past the first round we should see an ever increasing improvement in their play. At least that is what I am hoping for

Go Celtics.

dboss

Last edited by dboss on Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:11 am

dboss

I actually thought about writing it myself and calling it a post mortum thread as the C's were non exsistant last eve. I kept thinking of Bob and Spike. Yeah it would be neat to get there and see a game LIVE
but i would expect for and hopr for a 48 minute effort. not what was displayed last eve.

At least in past games there was effort for "most" of the game.

Tonights another chapter I guess. Wonder how the heck Vegas can begin to determine a line on these guys?

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down