Post Game Thread - vs Philadelphia Sixers, Away

2 posters

Go down

Post Game Thread - vs Philadelphia Sixers, Away Empty Post Game Thread - vs Philadelphia Sixers, Away

Post by bobheckler Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:12 pm

Another "a win is a win is a win" win.  They were without Embiid and Noel, 2/3 of their front court.  Their back court is, to be nice, unimpressive.  We should be blowing these guys out.  The 1 point margin was due to an Ilyasova 3 at the buzzer that would have been contested if it had mattered, but still, a 4 point win, even in Philadelphia, leaves me limp.

Our bench is weaker than Philly's?  Really?  I know they struggled against Sacramento but Sacto has a veteran bench with Barnes and Ty Lawson and Casspi and have young talent like Cauley-Stein.  Who does Philly have?  Dario Saric, who was much ballyhooed as a Euro player but is coming off the NBA bench behind Ilyasova?  Ok, fine, but who else?  TJ McConnell?  Another nice player but nobody that should scare us.  Richaun Holmes?   Oooh, quaking in my boots.  Our strength is supposed to be our depth and we aren't showing any right now and haven't for a week or two.

Even Scal referred to Okafor's type of player as a "dinosaur".  Only 4 rebounds for a guy who loves paint.  That's because teams are pulling him away from the restricted area with shooting.  Hard to get a rebound when you're above the foul line because Horford is above the arc can shoot that.

Speaking of Saric, based upon this game, I'd trade for him.  I don't know what/who I'd give up for him, certainly not a Brooklyn pick, but he would fix our scoring problem.  Kelly and one of Boston's own first rounders?

We don't run anymore.  "Pace and Space" has turned into Rondo-ball and we don't have shooters like Pierce, KG and Allen to make that work.

The only Sixer that shot a ridiculously poor 3pt fg% last night was, of all people, gunner Nic Stauskas.  I wouldn't count on that again.  Everybody else was getting open looks, especially in the first half, and were killing them.  Our vaunted perimeter defense has not been good the past week or so.  Detroit, Sacto and now Philly all got a lot of open looks.  Sacto didn't knock them down but the Pistons and Sixers did and that cost us once and almost twice.

11-19, 13-15 from the line, 7 assists and only 2 TOs.  Where would we be without him?

Bradley with a nice offensive game too.  That was it, the Thomas & Bradley show, everybody else was still on the plane.  9 rebounds.  That is amazing for a 6'2" guard.

Brooklyn lost (yeah!) and now own the 3rd worst record in the league.  We can hope that when Noel gets back and fragile little flower Embiid is allowed to play more they will pass and pull away from the Nyets.  Same with Dallas when Dirk is finally healthy.  Chicago lost and now trails us by .5 games.  We are now in 3rd, only 2 games back from deadlocked Cleveland and Toronto.  

We look like shit until you look at the standings and, as Doc always used to say, "you are your record".  So why don't I feel better?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post Game Thread - vs Philadelphia Sixers, Away Empty Re: Post Game Thread - vs Philadelphia Sixers, Away

Post by bobheckler Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:06 pm

League 2 minute review report.  Yep, Okafor traveled repeatedly...

https://t.co/HETu1YGuDK

bob.
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post Game Thread - vs Philadelphia Sixers, Away Empty Re: Post Game Thread - vs Philadelphia Sixers, Away

Post by steve3344 Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:45 pm

bobheckler wrote:League 2 minute review report.  Yep, Okafor traveled repeatedly...

bob.
I wouldn't say twice (which this report identifies) is "repeatedly."  I would imagine LOTS of NBA players have two uncalled travels a game.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:27 pm

steve3344 wrote:
bobheckler wrote:League 2 minute review report.  Yep, Okafor traveled repeatedly...

bob.
I wouldn't say twice (which this report identifies) is "repeatedly."  I would imagine LOTS of NBA players have two uncalled travels a game.

Steve,

Doing something twice isn't repetitive?

Also, this is just for the last 2 minutes, not the whole game.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down