beat
dbrown4
MDCelticsFan
steve3344
10 posters

Go down

I'm Calling This One Early Empty I'm Calling This One Early

Post by 112288 Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:40 pm

The way things are breaking for the Celtics, we could meet Cleveland in the second round. I think this plays into the Celtics hands so I am calling this series for the Celtics now for several resons.

1) I think the Bucks series will be done in 5 games and the Celtics will have fresh legs for a real war. Meeting Cleveland in the third round could be too much for the C's, but the second round we're even up.

2) There will be double the pressure on Cleveland when meeting the Celtics. For one I think we match-up well with them and second I think the C's are in LJ head and we could do a psyc job on him. Remember what he said when they blew the C's off the court in the game at TD Garden 2 games ago. He said that the C's maybe be lying in the weeds or playing possum. That right there tells me he is already a walking basket case and with the win on Easter Sunday......the pressure is on!

Go Celts!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

I'm Calling This One Early Empty Re: I'm Calling This One Early

Post by steve3344 Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:10 am

112288 wrote:The way things are breaking for the Celtics, we could meet Cleveland in the second round. I think this plays into the Celtics hands so I am calling this series for the Celtics now for several resons.

1) I think the Bucks series will be done in 5 games and the Celtics will have fresh legs for a real war. Meeting Cleveland in the third round could be too much for the C's, but the second round we're even up.

2) There will be double the pressure on Cleveland when meeting the Celtics. For one I think we match-up well with them and second I think the C's are in LJ head and we could do a psyc job on him. Remember what he said when they blew the C's off the court in the game at TD Garden 2 games ago. He said that the C's maybe be lying in the weeds or playing possum. That right there tells me he is already a walking basket case and with the win on Easter Sunday......the pressure is on!

Go Celts!!!!!!

A wrench in your scenario is that Miami passed Milwaukee tonight and moved into the 5th spot and is now looking like our first round opponent instead of the Bucks.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:11 am

Steve 3344: More of a fly in the ointment than a wrench. Not like Fly Williams in the 70's at Austin Peay. When Fly had a good look at the hoop, someone in the stands would yell, "Fly's Open," The Cheerleaders would respond with, "Let's Go Peay." (PEE)-(LOL)-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:38 pm

I'm with you 112288 for the second round. I've stated before that if we make it to the second round, this will be THE series for the entire playoffs. It will be the finals as was, to use an NCAA reference, NCSU v. UCLA in 1974. And it won't turn out the way CLE wants it to because, 1) we're a very good team on the road so we would have a 4 games edge to their 3 2) CLE knows we are the only team that knows how to beat themand 3) Shaq will be back And that is in their heads. Physically, LeBron can beat us, but not mentally. This team as well as the '08 team are the masters of getting in your head via trash talking.

I don't really know about the fresh legs, because we simply don't know jack about how this team is going to perform night in night out. The pressure is off this team as far as having to win at home. But would have to think with the chances of dropping stinkers being much higher with this team, going a deep 6 or 7 each round may have to be the norm again.

But let's get out of the first round first. We know for certain we are slated to play there.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:42 pm

dbrown

after round one.

We lose 1 at home...... gonna have to win 2 there.

A can do, but I'd still rather only have to win 1 there.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by NESportsfan12 Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:08 pm

We just gotta take the Heat out in 4 or 5. We'll beat Cleveland in 6 or 7, but it will be draining. I have faith that we can do it, but we cannot UNDERESTIMATE our round 1 opponent like we have the past two years (Hawks and Bulls).
NESportsfan12
NESportsfan12

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:28 pm

NE,

Yeah, I still don't think we've learned our lessons there in the 1st round. 4 or 5 just sounds too optimistic for this team. I'd love it, though.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:17 am

Well there goes my strategy! What a downer in Chicago. I am at a complete loss as to what is going down with this team. The physical effort was there, the motivation was there to win and go to #3 but the execution was horrible.

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:59 am

112288 wrote:Well there goes my strategy! What a downer in Chicago. I am at a complete loss as to what is going down with this team. The physical effort was there, the motivation was there to win and go to #3 but the execution was horrible.

We knew we weren't going to get the #3 seed. No matter what we did in our last two games all Atlanta needs to do is beat a Cleveland team that will be resting practically EVERYONE tomorrow. If we had won tonight and Atlanta needed that game it would have been and easy W for them. Now they also can rest everyone.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:34 am

so what happens tonight? do we want the win. or does it change/improve our seeding if we lose? i should know, but i don't - thats why i'm here, to ask dumb questions and learn from you guys. i'm a little lost out here in Denver ...

Michael
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:50 am

Mike

In looking at the standings it makes NO difference to us we are 4th in the east and there we shall be.

But we do have the same record as Portland and San Antonio so should we get to the finals and meet either winning tonight might give us homecourt over either.

really not much hanging on this from what I can see. Milwaukee with a win could tie Miami (if miami looses) but I'm not sure whom has the better head to head with those two.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:31 pm

Milwaukee has the tie breaker over Miami. Neither teams are division champs and the Bucks won the season series 2-1.
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:42 pm

Beat: Milwaukee has the better head to head: More beer in Milwaukee, pours better too. Don't forget, Laverne, Shirley, Lenny & Squiggy all worked for Schotz Brewery! (LOL)-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:02 pm

MD

Back when I was first introduced to beer...........it was a schlitz malt liquor!

Most disgusting stuff I ever had. Second only to Utica Club Cream Ale.

Then I had a Ballentine ( no wonder I began hating the Yankees)

Carling Black label was not far behind either.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:51 pm

beat wrote:MD

Back when I was first introduced to beer...........it was a schlitz malt liquor!

Most disgusting stuff I ever had. Second only to Utica Club Cream Ale.

Then I had a Ballentine ( no wonder I began hating the Yankees)

Carling Black label was not far behind either.

beat

Beat,

I cut mt teeth on Schlitz, (the regular beer not the malt) it was good once upon a time then they started messing with the formula and ruined it.

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:00 pm

BEAT: Carl Balantine played Gruber on McHale's (not Kevin's) Navy back in the mid 60's.-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:07 pm

Yep

I was a young tad of about 14-15 and a bunch of us were playing a workup baseball game next to Carl's house in the open lot in the big village of Lorraine.

Now it was hot and we were thirsty so Carl being his home was closest went inside and got something for us.

Schlitz Malt liquor!!

Man it looked so good, icy cold, then I tasted it and spit it out.

I said to Carl "how the hell do you drink this stuff?"

Carls reply as he was all of 16 or so was simply " Ya gotta aquire a taste for it."

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:39 pm

So we would strategically be better off losing to the Bucks so they pass the Heat?

I guess I would rather play the Bucks with Bogut gone and all that.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down