Coach Mike Breaks Down Avery Bradley's Lock Down Defense

4 posters

Go down

Coach Mike Breaks Down Avery Bradley's Lock Down Defense Empty Coach Mike Breaks Down Avery Bradley's Lock Down Defense

Post by bobheckler Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:10 am

bob

Last edited by bobheckler on Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Coach Mike Breaks Down Avery Bradley's Lock Down Defense Empty Re: Coach Mike Breaks Down Avery Bradley's Lock Down Defense

Post by dboss Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:04 pm

Impressive!
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Coach Mike Breaks Down Avery Bradley's Lock Down Defense Empty Re: Coach Mike Breaks Down Avery Bradley's Lock Down Defense

Post by NYCelt Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:34 pm

Nice look at how Avery has mastered defensive technique.  Classic fundamentals they teach in AAU; good athletic position, chest over balls of the feet, feet always moving, arms extended with hands out.  Problem with many NBA players is they've long since forgotten this.  My son is used as one of two primary on-the-ball defenders by his team; I'm making him watch this closely!

Not that it matters; the coach doing the narration isn't Mike Krzyzewski.  It is a guy who appreciates good D, however.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:52 pm

Our Sam used to worry that AB's spell of excellent D would wane as encroaching age diminished his speed. I see AB getting better on D as the years go by. What an asset to this team.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:12 am

NYCelt wrote:Nice look at how Avery has mastered defensive technique.  Classic fundamentals they teach in AAU; good athletic position, chest over balls of the feet, feet always moving, arms extended with hands out.  Problem with many NBA players is they've long since forgotten this.  My son is used as one of two primary on-the-ball defenders by his team; I'm making him watch this closely!

Not that it matters; the coach doing the narration isn't Mike Krzyzewski.  It is a guy who appreciates good D, however.

NYCelt,

Nice catch. I thought I researched it (well, actually, I did, I just did it poorly) but I was wrong and have changed the name of the thread appropriately.

Here is the link to Coach Mike's page at his AAU program website. https://truehoopsaau.com/meet-the-coaches/

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:07 pm

Bob,

Actually, who cares which Coach Mike it is? Some good stuff there!

(Thanks to my son's obsession with Duke basketball, I just recognize Coach K's voice.)

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:43 pm

I think Rozier has the potential to play defense like AB. Rozier has the quickness and high energy level to defend all over the court.

The key however is learning how to get into the offensive player

AB is an attacking defensive player. Great technique.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down